Lead Software Engineer in Test
DreamGameStudios – Engineering /
About Dream Game Studios:
Dream Game Studios is a game developer and publisher building console-quality realistic AAA mobile games of international standards from India. The company is a division of Dream Sports, which has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years, with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamSetGo, DreamPay, and Dream Capital in its portfolio.
Founded by India's gaming industry veterans credited with multiple international award-winning games, Dream Game Studios' mission is to reach the hearts of the players through deeply engaging, visually stunning, and technically outstanding games.
Working at Dream Game Studios means an opportunity to work on some of the biggest mobile games to come out of India, alongside some of the brightest, most driven, and most gifted minds in the industry.
- Leading the quality strategy for the upcoming title that includes game and backend testing, and qualitative feedback strategies
- Leading the automation efforts for game and backend systems
- Taking a data-driven approach to planning and prioritizing tests within the product
- Monitoring product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc.)
- Working closely with lead developers of game and backend systems, producers, and designers to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- 7+ years project management or team leadership experience with 3+ years of experience managing a senior QA team
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (such as Waterfall and Agile)
- Ability to plan projects (scoping, risk mitigation, dependency management, prioritization, estimation, success criteria, quality metrics) keeping the emphasis on automation with objectives
- Understanding of the game development product life cycle, from concept to live operations
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Good to Have:
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure like AWS
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. Python, Lua)
- Knowledge of build configuration and management tools
- Worked in a growing start-up environment
- Have a gaming background and/or have good knowledge of any of the sports like Cricket, Kabaddi, Hockey or Football
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, DreamX, a sports accelerator, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay, a payment solutions provider. It has founded the Dream Sports Foundation to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports, the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.