SDE 3 - Backend
Mumbai (On-Site) /
Dream11 – Technology /
Our Tech Team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (Android & iOS, Mobile + Desktop PWA) product, serving more than 12 Crore users with over 100 million rpm (requests per minute) at peak with user concurrency of 5.5 million. Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and comprises multiple distributed systems like Cassandra, Aerospike, Akka, Voltdb, Ignite, etc.
We have 100+ micro-services primarily written in Java backed by vert.x framework. They serve isolated product features with discrete architectures to serve the respective use-cases. We have a complete in-house data infrastructure built on top of Kafka, Redshift, Spark, Druid, etc., which powers our Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics use-cases. We ingress Terabytes of Data every day, which flows all over our Data pipelines to power a plethora of use-cases.
- Becoming part of a cross-functional self-sustaining team with end to end responsibility
- Understanding and solving real business needs at a large scale by applying your engineering and analytical problem-solving skills
- Developing features working in a distributed micro-service environment that are shipped to millions of customers and ensure millisecond latencies
- Owning end to end responsibility of design/architect/develop/deploy phases
- Owning infrastructure and monitoring for the services used and deployed by the team
- Mentoring individuals in the team and ensuring standards are maintained at every level
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in any typed language, preferably Java
- Strong system design skills backed with the analytical and problem-solving ability with a deep understanding of distributed systems and the micro-service architecture
- Proficiency in implementing algorithms and use of advanced data structures
- Hands-on experience working with web frameworks, RESTful APIs, and relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience working with big data technologies like Spark, Cassandra, Ignite, etc.
Good to Have:
- Experience in hiring & managing teams, delegating tasks, training new people, and effective collaboration across and within teams
- Experience working with the AWS stack
- Prior experience in reactive and asynchronous programming, preferably using Vert.x or Akka
- Experience in building batch & streaming applications on platforms like Apache Spark/Apache Flink/KSQL
- Prior experience with Agile Methodologies
More on our company:
About our Benefits:
We offer numerous benefits to every one of our team members a.k.a. Sportans:- Ownership (ESOP) in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Unlimited leaves, including one week of complete #Unplug from work
- Professional learning allowance
- Complimentary and healthy meals served every day
- International Offsite every year for achieving company targets
- Relocation budget taken care of, and additional rent coverage for living in close proximity to work
Click this link to go through all our benefits
About our Culture:
At Dream11, we DO-PUT our culture first. What’s DO-PUT, you ask? Those are the five core values that completely cover how things are here!
- We are data-obsessed i.e. 99% data driven work and 1% gut
- We own what we do 100% as a team
- We on-board high performing superstars and get out of their way
- Everything we build and design is by putting our users first
- Transparent communication processes is something we believe in the most.
Click this link and get to know the Dream11 Culture.
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with 140 million users, housing brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier sports content & commerce platform, Dream Capital, a CVC and M&A arm, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay, a payment solutions provider.
Dream Sports is based in Mumbai and has a workforce of close to 1,000 ‘Sportans’. Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports’ mission is to ‘Make Sports Better’ for fans through the confluence of sports and technology. Since 2018, Dream Sports has been consistently featured as the only sports tech company in the ‘Great Places to Work’ survey.For more information: https://dreamsports.group/