Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Dream Game Studios – Engineering /
About Dream Game Studios:
Dream Game Studios is a game developer and publisher building console-quality realistic mobile games of international standards from India. The company is a division of Dream Sports, which has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years, with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo, DreamPay, and Dream Capital in its portfolio.
Founded by India's gaming industry veterans credited with multiple international award-winning games, Dream Game Studios' mission is to reach the hearts of the players through deeply engaging, visually stunning, and technically outstanding games.
Working at Dream Game Studios means an opportunity to work on some of the biggest mobile games to come out of India, alongside some of the brightest, most driven, and most gifted minds in the industry.
- Developing distributed and resilient back-end systems and solutions that will service millions of users
- Ensuring security, performance and scalability of services
- Owning end to end responsibility of design/architect/develop/deploy phases
- Owning infrastructure and monitoring for the services used and deployed by the team
- Collaborating with the gameplay and production team
- 4+ years experience in writing code in a high-level programming language like: Java
- Strong system design skills backed with analytical and problem-solving ability
- Good knowledge of server architecture with high load and multiple concurrent users
- Proficiency in design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Hands-on experience working with web frameworks, RESTful APIs, and relational and/or NoSQL databases
Good to Have:
- Experience working with the AWS/GCP stack
- Effective collaboration across and within teams
- Prior experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience in Gaming Industry
- Passion for making and playing games
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, DreamX, a sports accelerator, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay, a payment solutions provider. It has founded the Dream Sports Foundation to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports, the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.