SRE 1/2/3 (BigData)
Dream11 – Technology
Technology @ Dream11
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, android & iOS) product, serving more than 8 Crore users with over 50 million rpm (requests per minute) at peak with user concurrency of just under 3 million.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS, comprises multiple distributed systems with likes of Cassandra, Aerospike, Akka, Voltdb etc.
We have around 40 microservices mostly written in Java or Node.js. They serve isolated product features with discrete architectures to serve the respective use-cases.As to serve our huge traffic we need to move our data around to different services. For that we heavily use Kafka, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge technologies to keep improving Dream11’s performance.
As a data-driven team, we also use R,Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis.
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) at Dream11 fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex web-scale and Data systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design to make sure products/features are Scalable, Operable and resilient to disaster . The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Data systems.
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor data systems in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that data systems are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Strong in troubleshooting/debugging Systems,Network and Applications.
- Strong coding in any programming languages like Python/Go/Perl/Ruby
- Strong in Unix/Linux operating systems and Networking.
- Working knowledge of Open source technologies in Monitoring, Deployment and incident management.
Good to Have
- Experience in BigData technologies like Kafka/Hadoop/Airflow/Spark.
- Experience in Containers and orchestration layers like Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon
- Experience in NoSQL/SQL technologies like Cassandra/MySQL/CouchBase etc.
- Is a die-hard sports fan.
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.