Senior Data Scientist
FanCode – Technology /
Data Science @FanCode:
We have one mission, Create a platform for all sports fans. Built by sports fans for sports fans. We’re at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace.
At FanCode we are building one of a kind personalised experience for all sports fans.
Using the massive amounts of sports engagement data we possess, we are developing cutting edge machine learning and deep learning solutions to improve user experience and provide value across business verticals. Given the scale at which FanCode operates, we employ cutting edge big data technologies in developing and maintaining the end to end ML/DL pipelines.
Main areas of focus are user experience personalisation, product recommendation systems, user engagement analytics and forecasting
- At FanCode Data Science team we are looking for highly skilled and motivated Data Scientists who are passionate about innovating and developing machine learning and data analytics solutions to build on top of the massive sports data mine which we hold.
- We provide the opportunity to be part of a young, energetic and dedicated team working to create tools, services and processes which help our product and organisation be more data driven and improve user experience.
- The candidate will be working closely with product, business analytics and management teams to make data driven decisions
- The candidate will also work closely with data engineering, software development teams to build, deploy and maintain end to end machine learning pipelines in multiple environments.
- Strong fundamentals in math behind basic statistical and machine learning models
- 3 - 4 years of proven experience in delivering and maintaining solutions for large scale structural data problems
- Deep experience in applied data analysis, including A/B testing and observational causal inference methods.
- Proactivity in performing data exploration to understand user behavior and identify opportunities for improving customer experience and operation efficiency
- Strong communication skills to present opportunities, research and insights to key stakeholders of the team using data visualization tools like python, R, looker etc
Good to Haves
- Prior experience is large scale personalisation and recommendation systems
- Prior experience in working with distributed computing systems like dask, spark etc
- Prior experience in predictive customer analytics models like Churn modelling, LTV modelling, Demand Forecasting, User segmentation etc
- Good Kaggle profile
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.
FanCode aims to be a multi-sport aggregator platform for every sports fan offering a wide spectrum of content, commerce and community engagement.
The platform is a result of the evolving pattern of sports consumption in India. Fan engagement with sports has extended significantly from being just information seekers to content creators, experience enthusiasts and much more. A fragmented market exists wherein a variety of content/commerce solutions are being offered by different sports platforms. FanCode aims to be the single aggregator platform that will connect the evolved sports audience with relevant sports products and services.
Launched in March 2019, FanCode today offers a personalised, ad-free, curated sports experience across news, live match scores, research-based insights, fantasy sports statistics, expert fantasy tips, in-depth game analysis and access to engage with other sports fans, all on a single platform.
FanCode, from the house of Dream11, has already amassed over 1 crore+ app installs by sports fans on Google Play Store & the App Store.