Lead Data Scientist (Applied Scientist)
Dream11 – -Technology /
Technology @ Dream11
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, Android & iOS) fantasy product serving more than 10 crore+ users with over 75+ million rpm (requests per minute) at peak concurrency.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and is built on Cloudfront / AWS API Gateway, NGINX, / Java, Redis / ElastiCache and MySQL / Cassandra as our end to end stack. Besides these, we heavily use MongoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge techs to keep improving Dream11's performance. As a data-driven team, we also use R, Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- At Dream11 in the Data Science team, we are looking for highly skilled, self-motivated Data Scientists who are passionate about innovating and developing machine learning and data analytics solutions to build on top of the massive sports data mine which we hold.
- We provide the opportunity to collaborate with an energetic and dedicated team that works on cutting-edge technology to create tools and services which help make our product more customer friendly.
- The candidate will work with Applied Scientists, MLE’s, Data Engineers, Backend Teams to build, deploy, and maintain applications in multiple environments.
- 5-8 years of experience as a Data Scientist or associated fields
- Implements SOTA papers with relative ease
- Understand concepts of Machine Learning and Deep Learning in-depth so much so that they can explain it to a non-tech audience with relative ease
- Can do parallel/distributed training/inferencing
- Ability to model the system mathematically. Capable of coming up with problem specific models modifying SOTA solution to the business problems
- Successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects
Good to Have:
- Extensive experience with large scale recommendation systems
- Deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch, and CV and NLP libraries such as OpenCV and spaCy
- Good Kaggle profile, Good Community participation in pytorch, tensorflow and other ML communities
- Mentorship track record of training great data scientists
- Deep Learning book by Ian Goodfellow or equivalent
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.