Software Engineer (Java/Scala)
Dream11 – -Technology /
Technology @ Dream11
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, Android & iOS) fantasy product serving more than 10 crore+ users with over 75+ million rpm (requests per minute) at peak concurrency.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and is built on Cloudfront / AWS API Gateway, NGINX, / Java, Redis / ElastiCache and MySQL / Cassandra as our end to end stack. Besides these, we heavily use MongoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge techs to keep improving Dream11's performance. As a data-driven team, we also use R, Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- Design efficient frameworks and microservice components that can be used across dream sports for building services to handle the Dream11 scale.
- Develop, design, and standardize reactive frameworks for building services using a toolkit like Vert.x and AKKA.
- Develop, Integrate, and enhance microservices components like Config Server/Service Discovery/Event Sourcing/Test frameworks.
- Build & standardize deployment frameworks & facilitate faster deployment on Kubernetes clusters.
- Enhance and maintain standardization across frameworks for developing services, spark Jobs, Unit/Integration Testing, and deployments.
- Conceptually familiar with AWS/GCP cloud resources.
- Act as a thought partner to the product engineering team, understand their challenges, and make opinionated recommendations that empower them with solutions to efficiently scale Dream11 infrastructure and tools.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing JVM based language on Java/Scala
- Experience with reactive frameworks like Vertx, AKKA.
- Understanding of functional programming and reactive design patterns.
- Problem-solving ability with a deep understanding of distributed systems and the microservice architecture
- Proficiency in designing microservice framework components like Config-Server, Service discovery, Event sourcing.
- Prior experience with running services on Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience working with the AWS/GCP stack
Good to Have:
- Prior experience working with agile methodologies & CI/CD pipeline.
- Good communication skills.
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.