Senior Software Engineer - Testing
FanCode – Technology /
Technology @ FanCode
We have one mission: Create a platform for all sports fans. Built by sports fans for sports fans we cover Sports Live Video Streaming, Live Scores & Commentary, Video On Demand, Player Analytics, Fantasy Research, News and very recently e-Commerce. We’re at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and is built on Amazon EC2, Cloudfront, Lambda, API Gateway. We have a micro-services based architecture based on Java, Node.js , Python, PHP, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra and Elasticsearch as our end to end stack serving product features. As a data-driven team, we also use Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics. Besides these, we heavily use Kafka, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge tech to keep improving FanCode's performance.
SDET at FanCode
The test engineering team’s responsibility is to help engineering teams move fast without breaking often. Reducing testing bottlenecks through test automation, setting up feedback loops to learn about defects in production and discovering new ways of reducing them are some of the things that the test engineering team does.
As part of the Test Engineering team focussed on tech, you will work on building and optimizing the testing processes through automation and tooling. You will be partnering with the dev teams to understand challenges in testing systems and come up with strategies to overcome those challenges to release faster with fewer bugs.. You’ll be working closely with platform teams at FanCode to set up tools to not only ensure that releases are fast and stable but also that the required performance criteria is met.
If you have a good programming experience and are passionate about software testing, continuous delivery and solving problems with a very customer focussed team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Take ownership of the application reliability, speed of releases and test planning
- Drive the practice of CI/CD in engineering teams
- Track different metrics around release health and test runs
- Ensure that testing tools and testing infrastructure is adopted by engineering teams
- Ensure testing of not just the functional changes but non-functional changes as well
- Focuses on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques.
- Performs analysis of manual test cases and functional requirements and determines the balance of test coverage to be automated for reuse.
- Gather information from the cross functional team and design, develop, debug, execute automated test cases and prepare reports.
- Educate team members on test automation and drive adoption.
- 3- 5 years of hands-on working experience in quality and test automation space
- Good command in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java . Fluent with SQL and at least one RDBMS (Postgres or MySQL).
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience of API (Rest Assured), web (Selenium Web Driver) OR mobile app (Appium, Espresso, UI Automator, etc.) automation
- Experience with CI/CD platforms. We use Jenkins at FanCode.
Good to have:
- Understanding the architecture and configuration of test environments and test scenario conditions/parameters by providing the overall framework for all of the tests to be performed for a test engagement, including identifying types of tests needed
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in performance testing will be an added advantage We use gatling at Fan Code.
- Experience with penetration testing and automation of security testing scenarios.
- Should be good at problem-solving and debugging with excellent analytical skills
- A good mentor and coach to younger engineers on the team.
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay, a payment solutions provider. It has founded the Dream Sports Foundation to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports, the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India. Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.
FanCode is India’s premier digital sports destination committed to giving all fans a highly personalized experience across Content, Community, and Commerce.
Founded by sports industry veterans Yannick Colaco and Prasana Krishnan in March 2019, FanCode offers interactive live streaming, sports fan merchandise (FanCode Shop), fast interactive live match scores, in-depth live commentary, fantasy sports data and statistics (Fantasy Research Hub), expert fantasy tips, sports news and much more.
FanCode has partnered with both domestic and international sports leagues and associations across multiple sports such as three of the top American Leagues - MLB, NFL, and NBA, FIVB, West Indies Cricket Board, Bangladesh Premier League, Caribbean Premier League, Bundesliga, and I-League.
Dream Sports India’s leading Sports Technology company is the parent company of FanCode with brands such as Dream11 also in its portfolio.
FanCode has already amassed over 3 crore+ app installs and won the “Best Sports Startup” award at FICCI India Sports Awards 2019.
FanCode Shop: www.shop.fancode.com