Backend Engineer 2/3 (Scala & Akka)
Dream11 – -Technology /
Technology @ Dream11
Dream11 fantasy serves more than 8 crore users, delivering fantastic user experience while serving over 75M rpm. Dream11 Platform team plays an important role in making the experience great. Platform engineering team pioneers in building highly scalable cloud solutions and enables the whole Dream11 platform that delivers awesome user experience. Platform engineering leads innovations designing in-house products like A/B testing, Personalization, realtime edge communications running at a huge scale to support our growing consumer base.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building JVM based reactive frameworks. Share our passion for continuously improving the framework to facilitate faster business development and deployment at scale.
- Should have in depth understanding of reactive systems and reactive manifesto
- Design efficient frameworks and microservice components that can be used across dream sports for building services to handle the Dream11 scale.
- Have deep understanding of Actor model of akka, akka streams, akka cluster, cluster sharding etc
- Should have understanding of streams and backpressure
- Develop, design, and standardize reactive frameworks for building services using a toolkit like Vert.x and AKKA.
- Develop, Integrate, and enhance microservices components like Config Server/Service Discovery/Event Sourcing/Test frameworks.
- Build & standardize deployment frameworks & facilitate faster deployment on Kubernetes clusters.
- Enhance and maintain standardization across frameworks for developing services, spark Jobs, Unit/Integration Testing, and deployments.
- Conceptually familiar with AWS/GCP cloud resources.
- Act as a thought partner to the product engineering team, understand their challenges, and make opinionated recommendations that empower them with solutions to efficiently scale Dream11 infrastructure and tools.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing JVM based language on Java/Scala
- 3+ years of experience with reactive framework AKKA.
- Understanding of functional programming and reactive design patterns.
- Problem-solving ability with a deep understanding of distributed systems and the microservice architecture
- Proficiency in designing microservice framework components like Config-Server, Service discovery, Event sourcing.
- Prior experience with running services on Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience working with the AWS/GCP stack
Good to Have:
- Prior experience working with agile methodologies & CI/CD pipeline.
- Good communication skills.
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.