SDE 2/3 - Core Infra/DevOps
Dream11 – Technology
Technology @ Dream11
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, android & iOS) product, serving more than 8 Crore users with over 50 million rpm (requests per minute) at peak with user concurrency of just under 3 million. Our tech stack is hosted on AWS, comprises multiple distributed systems with likes of Cassandra, Aerospike, Akka, Voltdb etc.
We have around 40 microservices mostly written in Java or Node.js. They serve isolated product features with discrete architectures to serve the respective use-cases.
As to serve our huge traffic we need to move our data around to different services. For that we heavily use Kafka, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge technologies to keep improving Dream11’s performance.
As a data-driven team, we also use R,Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis.
You will be joining the Core Infra Engg Team at Dream11.
Core Infra forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Core Infra is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other teams, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance,Networking, Security etc.
- Designing and implementing the services and tools we need to manage and scale a service oriented architecture, e.g. service discovery, config managers, container orchestration and more.
- Designing Network and Security Implementations at Scale
- Building Cloud Agnostic Architectures with Multi/Hybrid Cloud approaches.
- Deliver solid Infrastructure as a Code by using automation tools such as Terraform/Ansible/Python
- Build and design self serve infrastructure automation on scale
- Build and maintain container orchestration Platform
- Optimise and improve deployment workflow.
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Evangelising best practices to the wider engineering organisation.
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding development, concepts and best practices
- Extensive Unix/Linux & Networking understanding required.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g.,Python, Golang or Java)
- Strong design patterns, system architecture, and best practices.
Good to Have:
- You have strong experience working with multi cloud (AWS/GCP/AZURE), Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Good understanding of observatory tools and logging.
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution.
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices.
- Knowledge of IT security.
- Experience in distributed and big data technologies.
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.