Director - Data Engineering
Dream11 – -Technology /
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, Android & iOS) fantasy product serving more than 10 crore users with over 75 million rpm (requests per minute) at peak concurrency.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and is built on Cloudfront / AWS API Gateway, NGINX, / Java, Redis / ElastiCache and MySQL / Cassandra as our end to end stack. Besides these, we heavily use MongoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge techs to keep improving Dream11's performance. As a data-driven team, we also use R, Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- Building and maintaining self-service Data Platform for Dream Sports
- Reviewing existing implementations and propose cost effective solutions
- Interacting with business stake holders and proposing/implementing solutions to solve business problems
- Working with like minded team of Data Engineers with expertise on working at large scale
- Building scalable data processing platform and frameworks for serving Analytics and Data Science use cases
- Building and managing a high performing team and supporting them through executing company's objectives
- 8+ years of experience in Dimensional Modelling and large scale Data Warehouse implementations
- Deep expertise in building real-time and batch analytics ETL solutions using big data technologies (Spark/ Kafka/KSql/Yarn/Hive/HDFS/Streaming etc) and NoSQL Stores
- Expert level programming experience in Java or Scala
- Strong SQL background, cloud based experience (AWS preferred) and proficient with scripting languages - python, shell etc
- Proven experience in managing stakeholders, mentoring teams and driving data platform projects
Good to Have:
- Have worked previously in a high-growth, fast paced tech startup
- Prior working experience in agile environment
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #7 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2020 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.