Sr Manager / Director - FanGear & Merchandise
FanCode – Sports Commerce /
Sports Commerce @ FanCode:
We have one mission, Create a platform for all sports fans. Built by sports fans for sports fans. We’re at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace.
- Your role will include, but not limited to business development, commercial negotiations, demand planning, partnering with vendors, marketing, design, logistics & distribution, etc.
- You will drive growth strategy, business development and partnerships with sports federations and clubs, sports brands, etc
- You will be responsible for product development, demand planning, design, sourcing operations and contract manufacturing
- Work closely with the product and tech teams for feature development and sales
- 8+ years of experience in apparel and/or e-commerce businesses, particularly in category management and sourcing (preferably in sports merchandise)
- Experience in converting acquired licenses into physical products
Good to Have:
- Passion for Sports
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced startup
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.
FanCode aims to be a multi-sport aggregator platform for every sports fan offering a wide spectrum of content, commerce and community engagement.
The platform is a result of the evolving pattern of sports consumption in India. Fan engagement with sports has extended significantly from being just information seekers to content creators, experience enthusiasts and much more. A fragmented market exists wherein a variety of content/commerce solutions are being offered by different sports platforms. FanCode aims to be the single aggregator platform that will connect the evolved sports audience with relevant sports products and services.
Launched in March 2019, FanCode today offers a personalised, ad-free, curated sports experience across news, live match scores, research-based insights, fantasy sports statistics, expert fantasy tips, in-depth game analysis and access to engage with other sports fans, all on a single platform.
FanCode, from the house of Dream11, has already amassed over 1 crore+ app installs by sports fans on Google Play Store & the App Store.