Associate - Public Policy
Dream11 – Public Policy /
Public Policy @Dream11
The Public Policy and Government Affairs team is responsible for developing and advocating solutions to policy opportunities and regulatory challenges in online fantasy sports and sports technology domains that impact our businesses. Our work is based upon the fundamental belief to make sports better. In pursuing our objectives, we operate collaboratively and inclusively, working with government, industry associations, civil society, and leading think tanks.
- Mapping the regulatory landscape and stakeholders at the State-level to preempt potential changes in the regulation that could have a bearing on our operations
- Identifying, anticipating, assessing and communicating potential regulatory threats and business opportunities, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with the company’s objectives
- Advancing the company’s policy positions directly and through industry associations/ coalitions to enable an unrestricted and transparent regulatory environment for the growth of the business
- Combining your creativity and intellectual diligence with the organisational skills to manage policy campaigns that are pertinent to the company’s products and services
- Working closely with the Chief Policy Officer to lead the company’s engagement with the government and other stakeholders
- 2 years of experience on tech policy issues within government think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations
- Strong understanding of the policy-making environment
- Ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy and legal issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with attention to detail
Good to Have:
- Experience of working with stakeholders at center and state, and in executing strategies
- Comfort with a significant travel requirement
- Excellent research skills
- Masters/Bachelors degree preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Law or equivalent practical experience
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #7 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2020 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.