AVP/VP - Frontend
FanCode – Technology /
Technology @ FanCode
We have one mission, Create a platform for all sports fans. Built by sports fans for sports fans. We’re at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS and is built on Cloudfront / AWS API Gateway, NGINX, Node.js / Java, Redis / ElastiCache and MySQL / Cassandra as our end to end stack.
Besides these, we heavily use Kafka, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge tech to keep improving FanCode's performance. As a data-driven team, we also use R, Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- BE/BTech degree in Computer Science, a similar field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in working with React Native, Node.js and Typescript
- Solid CS foundations, algorithms & data structures
Good to Have:
- Hands-on experience with functional programming
- Experience in working with design systems
- Created or used various asynchronous, concurrency management libraries
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Exceptional program & project management skills with the ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Ability to think strategically from first principles while managing with a sense of urgency through ambiguities
- Ability to drive processes through influence and persuasion with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.
FanCode aims to be a multi-sport aggregator platform for every sports fan offering a wide spectrum of content, commerce and community engagement.
The platform is a result of the evolving pattern of sports consumption in India. Fan engagement with sports has extended significantly from being just information seekers to content creators, experience enthusiasts and much more. A fragmented market exists wherein a variety of content/commerce solutions are being offered by different sports platforms. FanCode aims to be the single aggregator platform that will connect the evolved sports audience with relevant sports products and services.
Launched in March 2019, FanCode today offers a personalised, ad-free, curated sports experience across news, live match scores, research-based insights, fantasy sports statistics, expert fantasy tips, in-depth game analysis and access to engage with other sports fans, all on a single platform.
FanCode, from the house of Dream11, has already amassed over 1 crore+ app installs by sports fans on Google Play Store & the App Store.