Director/AVP - Public Policy & Government Affairs
Dream11 – Public Policy /
Policy Team @Dream Sports
Public Policy & Government Affairs team is responsible for developing and advocating solutions to policy opportunities and regulatory challenges in online fantasy sports and sports technology domains that impact our business. Our work is based upon our fundamental belief to make sports better. In pursuing our objectives, we operate collaboratively and inclusively, working with governments, industry associations, civil society, and leading policy think tanks.
- Development and execution of a pro-active public policy-making strategy and government relations
- Set Dream Sports public policy objectives; identify and forecast forthcoming policy issues and trends that are of importance
- Identify, anticipate, assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and business opportunities, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with the company’s objectives
- Advance the company’s policy positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to enable an unrestricted and transparent regulatory environment for the growth of the business
- You will combine your creativity and intellectual diligence with the organisational skills to manage policy campaigns that are pertinent to the company’s products and services and advocate on behalf of the company with government stakeholders
- You will report to the Chief Policy Officer and work closely with him to lead the company’s engagement with the government and other stakeholders.
- 8+ years of experience on tech policy issues within government think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations
- Strong understanding of the policy-making environment
- Ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy and legal issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
Good To Have:
- Experience working with and leading diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions
- Comfort with a significant travel requirement
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Masters / Bachelors degree preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Law or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of working startup
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.