About the role
Dreem has a unique relation to analytics. As a member of the Dreem analytics team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in close relation with nearly all other teams (Product, Engineering, Science, Finance...).
Dreem’s path and product are unique and to stay successful we rely heavily on data to guide both strategic and day-to-day decisions. Dreem and its users generate large quantities of very diverse data which needs careful and creative analysis to provide these crucial insights. By joining our team you’ll be able to guide decisions, create and implement tools, discover and learn faster than in any other company, all of it fighting one of the most challenging health issues of present times.
As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll have the (rare) opportunity to work on all layers of the analytics stack: preparing and processing data (Data engineering/BI), analyzing data (Data analysis / Data science) and sharing your results with stakeholders (dashboards / presentations / reports).
Since we deal with very varied topics and teams, be prepared to learn a lot on countless topics and dive head-first into complexity. Also, you’ll be able to work on both very rapid projects with instantaneous impact, and longer and deeper explorations and analysis
The Analytics team was created as we sold our very first headbands. Closely understanding our users’ needs and usage has always been a strategic activity, but the recent shift of the company towards healthcare has generated new needs, from both a product and a research perspective, which you will help with. Since its creation, the team has provided insights, tools and training to ensure everyone in the company can leverage data to improve his work.
We already have the largest sleep recording database in the world, a first-class treatment of insomnia, headbands in the international space station, and multiple research papers - join us, and let's keep pushing the boundaries of sleep science together, while striving to improve health at scale to eventually help millions.
- Analysis of large and complex datasets to provide relevant and timely insights
- Contributing to analytics data-ingestion / transformation / processing pipelines
- Conducting exploratory analysis on various sources of data, including product usage data and sleep data - possibly all the way to the publication of scientific papers
- Share your findings as dashboards, presentation and reports
- Be a critical thinker
- MSc in a field related to Statistics / Computer Science / Machine Learning
- Experience and taste for analyzing complex datasets
- Experience with databases (SQL/noSQL)
- Python programming (or at least notions of python with expertise in another scientific language like Matlab, Julia or R), including the use of pandas, numpy, and plotting libraries
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, perfect understanding
- Experience in academic research
- Conducted real-world data analysis projects
- Experience with any part of our Modern Data Stack: Airbyte, Snowflake, dbt
- Experience working with Git, Argo, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with/in Product, Digital Marketing, Sales, Finance jobs and/or in the Healthcare industry
Why you’ll want to join us @ Dreem:
- A startup environment with lots of challenges and innovation: no time for boredom!
- You’ll collaborate and learn everyday with world-class talent who are experts in their field and passionate about their daily work: team spirit and progression assured!
- You'll be kept informed of all progress of the company with weekly and monthly meeting led by the CEO;
- You will collaborate with our teams all over the world (Paris, California, Taipei),
- Remote friendly organization;
- Sleep with a headband 😴