Data & Analytics Engineer Intern
Each and every night, around the world, hundreds of millions of people are trying to sleep but can’t. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts is on a mission to beat insomnia and build the sleep medicine of tomorrow.
In the 7 years since Dreem’s creation, we’ve collected 2M nights of sleep data and helped thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 25 patents and completed 4 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Along the way we created a research network of 250 leading laboratories and hospitals and a scientific board with some of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding- working at Dreem means pushing the boundaries and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world. Ready to join the fight for better sleep?
About the role
Dreem has a unique relation to analytics. As a member of the Dreem analytics team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in close relation with nearly all other teams (Product, Engineering, Science, Finance...).
Dreem’s path and product are unique and to stay successful we rely heavily on data to guide both strategic and day-to-day decisions. Dreem and its users generate large quantities of very diverse data which needs careful and creative analysis to provide these crucial insights. By joining our team you’ll be able to guide decisions, create and implement tools, discover and learn faster than in any other company, all of it fighting one of the most challenging health issues of present times.
As a Data Analyst intern, you’ll have the (rare) opportunity to work on all layers of the analytics stack: preparing and processing data (Data engineering/BI), analyzing data (Data analysis / Data science) and sharing your results with stakeholders (dashboards / presentations / reports).
Since we deal with very varied topics and teams, be prepared to learn a lot on countless topics and dive head-first into complexity. Also, you’ll be able to work on both very rapid projects with instantaneous impact, and longer and deeper explorations and analysis projects.
The Analytics team was created as we sold our very first headbands. Closely understanding our users’ needs and usage has always been a strategic activity, but the recent shift of the company towards pharmaceutical businesses has generated new needs, from both a product and a research perspective, which you will help with. Since its creation, the team has provided insights, tools and training to ensure everyone in the company can leverage data to improve his work.
- Analysis of large and complex datasets to provide relevant and timely insights
- Contributing to analytics data-ingestion / transformation / processing pipelines
- Conducting exploratory analysis on various sources of data, including product usage data and sleep data - possibly all the way to the publication of scientific papers
- Share your findings as dashboards, presentation and reports
- Experience and taste for analyzing complex datasets
- Python programming (or at least notions of python with expertise in another scientific language like Matlab, Julia or R)
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Be a critical thinker
- Conducted real-world data analysis projects
- Experience in academic research
- Experience with pandas/numpy
- Experience with databases (SQL/noSQL)
- Experience with plotting library (plotly, seaborn, matplotlib)
- Training in ML / statistics / Computer Science
- Startup environnement with a young, passionate, smart team.
- Good healthcare provider with “Alan”
- Luncheon vouchers
- Gymlib passes
- BSPCE participation
- Flexible hours
- Remote working (up to 60% a week)
- Great office in a central location in Paris
- Regular events and parties (breakfast, monthly party, team building, annual summer summit trip...) when the conditions get better
- And of course… your very own Dreem headband.