Office & People Ops Intern
G&A – HR /
Every night around the world, hundreds of millions of people suffer from poor sleep. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis, with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts (that’s us) is on a mission to solve sleep disorders. In the 7 years since our creation, we’ve collected 2.5M nights of sleep data and helped tens of thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 45 patents, completed 3 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from leading investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson. Along the way, we created a research network of 350 leading laboratories and hospitals, and a scientific board of 4 of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Today, we are developing a digital sleep clinic providing comprehensive patient care. With screening, diagnosis, and treatment methods for insomnia and sleep apnea, the clinic combines the best sleep experts with the best technologies. A unique alliance facilitating access to remote care, increasing patient satisfaction, improving clinical outcomes, and providing payes with lower costs. The best of sleep care, made simple. But the services of the Dreem sleep clinic go beyond the reach of care. Today, its services are used by more than 350 research labs in the context of clinical trials - including the Harvard Medical School, MIT, Stanford University, European Space Agency, and 10 of the largest pharmaceutical companies. That’s how we provide our patients with the best care - by pushing the boundaries of sleep science.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, behavioral therapies, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, product design, marketing and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding - it means pushing the boundaries of science and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world.
Above all, Dreem is a close knit team. Here is what we stand for:
- We're committed to caring - everything we do starts out with people. We put people first. Be it our patients, our partners, or even our colleagues.
- We’re not afraid of challenging the status quo - we use our ambition and passion to push limits. The limits of what we know. The limits of what we create. The limits of what we set to achieve.
- We never compromise on integrity - we hold ourselves accountable for our actions. Healthcare is a responsibility. Trust is a must, not a perk.
About the role
The G&A team is at the center of the company managing Finance, Legal and HR fields. We play a central role ensuring that Dreemers have all the tools, information and a good work environment to deliver on their missions.
2022 will be a turning point for Dreem with great challenges ahead of us!
In this context, we are looking for a motivated and results-driven Office & HR Ops Intern to join the team. Directly reporting to the Legal & HR Manager, the Office & People Ops Intern is in charge of managing and coordinating office procedures and supporting the HR team.
HR level responsibilities:
- Manage life cycle of employees in France, USA and Taïwan (job offer, contract management, on-boarding, 3-month and 6-month feedback, off-boarding…);
- Advise employees on learning & development opportunities, (managing training request with Opco Atlas);
- Management of professional medical visit;
- Management of all HRIS tool: onboardings, offboardings, holidays calculations ect.
- Prep for payroll;
- Absence Management (sick days, exceptional leaves);
- Contribution to the animation of new HR processes and of the company’s culture in order to maximize retention of Dreemers;
- Management of HR tools;
- Management of the risk assessment document and any legal document on HR matters;
Office level responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of matters related to the Paris office,
- Organization of company-wide events;
- Management of orders (supplies, snacks, beverages, etc.) and follow-up of stocks;
- Management of the computer park;
- Mail management;
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs;
Required experience & skills
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact.
● Education: Degree in HR from a university or business school;
● Mindset: You like challenges, you welcome feedback and you are willing to get better everyday to reach excellence;
● Team Player: You appreciate working with people and you are easy to get on with;
● Efficiency: You are analytical and rigorous, very focused on details, able to prioritize important projects;
● Adaptability: You have a strong ability to adapt, you are curious, autonomous, strong communication skills (email and in-person);
● Languages: Written and spoken English is mandatory, fluency is a must.
Why you’ll want to join us @ Dreem:
- A startup environment with lots of challenges and innovation: no time for boredom!
- You’ll collaborate and learn everyday with world-class talent who are experts in their field and passionate about their daily work: team spirit and progression assured!
- You'll be kept informed of all progress of the company with weekly and monthly meeting led by the CEO;
- Being a Dreemer means working in a great office in Paris' city center (75003), and you will collaborate with our teams all over the world (Paris, NYC, Taipei);
- Remote friendly organization;
- Regular events (breakfasts, monthly parties, team-buildings, ...);
- Bonus: BSPCE (*for full time contracts), good health cover with Alan, Gymlib subvention, Swile Lunch card;
- Sleep with a headband 😴
- Our culture is reflected with a stellar Glassdoor rating : https://www.glassdoor.fr/Avis/Dreem-Avis-E1160223.html