Product – Product Design /
Each and every night, around the world, hundreds of millions of people are trying to sleep but can’t. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts is on a mission to beat insomnia and build the sleep medicine of tomorrow.
In the 7 years since Dreem’s creation, we’ve collected 2M nights of sleep data and helped thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 25 patents and completed 4 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Along the way we created a research network of 250 leading laboratories and hospitals and a scientific board with some of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding- working at Dreem means pushing the boundaries and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world. Ready to join the fight for better sleep?
Importance of the role (a.k.a. this is why we need you)
At Dreem, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Designers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from ideation to conception by translating user research and innovative thinking into real products design.
As a Product designer, you will work hand in hand with the product manager and the design team to deliver engaging user experiences. Your job will be to help create and shape software products that will improve people’s lives. On a typical day, you’ll take a known and identified product problem and draw potential solutions, from user flow to draft designs. Along with the product manager and the rest of the team, you’ll then choose the best solution and refine the flows and designs in order to make sure the developers have all they need to work on. On some occasions, your expert eye can also be used to design or review documents (company deck, brochure) and web pages. At given times, when a new product idea is emerging, you will be in charge of leading the user research and extracting insightful user personas to facilitate an accurate targeting of our core users. As a product designer you share the responsibility of an engaging and frictionless user experience with the product manager. You are also responsible for the general visual coherence of the products.
- Own and drive product design topics in a cross-functional product team.
- Design flows and interfaces that are effective, usable, simple and desirable for Dreem users around the world.
- Define the user experience and visual design of your solutions from conception to shipping. Use basic research techniques, competitive analysis and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions.
- Understand user needs, business needs and work with your team in determining opportunities as well as hypotheses for solutions.
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually strive to improve quality and craftsmanship.
- Produce detailed specs for your interaction models and UI, collaborate with engineers to communicate your thinking and to follow up on the implementation of your solutions.
- 4+ years relevant experience in design of digital (mobile and desktop) products that have been released to market
- Proven experience delivering software applications/features from conception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment
- Expertise in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Excellent visual design and communication skillsAn up to date portfolio of your design work with descriptions of your process, your role, other people involved and your contribution- we want to see how you think and approach problems in addition to the final outcome
- Ability to think at a high level about product and feature strategy but also act with speed and precision to actualize projects
- Fluent in various design and prototyping tools such as Figma or Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Framer, After Effects...
- Experience in incorporating user research and data into your work and validating ideas with prototypes and user feedback
- Fluent English
- Startup environnement with a young, passionate, smart team.
- Good healthcare provider with “Alan”
- Luncheon vouchers
- Gymlib passes
- BSPCE participation (for full-time contracts)
- Flexible hours
- Remote working (up to 60% a week)
- Great office in a central location in Paris
- Regular events and parties (breakfast, monthly party, team building, annual summer summit trip...) when the conditions get better
- And of course… your very own Dreem headband.