Account Manager/Business developer for academic research
Science- Business Dev – Operations /
Each and every night, around the world, hundreds of millions of people are trying to sleep but can’t. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts is on a mission to beat insomnia and build the sleep medicine of tomorrow.
In the 7 years since Dreem’s creation, we’ve collected 2M nights of sleep data and helped thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 25 patents and completed 4 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Along the way we created a research network of 250 leading laboratories and hospitals and a scientific board with some of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding- working at Dreem means pushing the boundaries and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world. Ready to join the fight for better sleep?
About the role
Scientific research and partnerships have been at the heart of Dreem since its inception. They meet several objectives within the company: they contribute to the influence and the scientific credibility of the company, allow us to validate our solutions independently, and actively participate in developing sales to researchers and actors in the medical world.
As part of the Dreem science team, reporting to the Head of Clinical Operations, you will have a pivotal role in both developing the academic research business strategy and supporting the researchers in their daily use of the Dreem services. You will closely collaborate with the support team, the product team and the engineers. As a point of contact for several major research projects, your expertise will be required to run these projects smoothly.
- Support our scientific partners in the pre-sales process by carefully understanding their project’s needs and presenting Dreem services. Your scientific background will help you navigate easily their needs for building meaningful study set-up.
- Oversee educational content development, with the help of the support team, to assist researchers in their first steps with the product.
- Maintain accurate account information and activity detail in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)Develop and coordinate research collaborations that have direct impact on the company’s objectives.
- Develop an impactful communication strategy with the different stakeholders using online communities, working groups, newsletters, events, etc
- Clearly report the customers’ needs and work with the product team to improve Dreem services.
- Propose and manage the list of Strategic Customers that can help us to:
- Have a better understanding of the customer’s business use case
- Accelerate the growth of our portfolioProspect and identify new key opportunities.
- Active participation and coordination of several major impactful research projects (IMIs, European projects, research project).
- Engineer/Master degree in Science or Healthcare business.
- A PhD in Science, expertise in Neuroscience and specifically on sleep science would be strongly appreciated.
- >3 years of experience in research.
- Experience in clinical business development would be appreciated.
- Significant scientific network
Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; recognizes and acts on opportunities; sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Sales Skills: Achieves sales goals; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Sense of Urgency: Displays a matter of utmost urgency; understands the importance of making critical business decisions in a timely manner with strong attention to detail; realization that efficiency and prioritization is critical to success.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Written Communications (English): Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
Oral Communication (English): Demonstrates group presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Planning/Organizing: Proactivity, prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
Work ethic: always act according to good clinical practice and with ethical judgement.
Easy-going: Positive attitude, smiling, resourceful and team-spirit.
- Startup environnement with a young, passionate, smart team.
- Good healthcare provider with “Alan”
- Luncheon vouchers
- Gymlib passes
- BSPCE participation
- Flexible hours
- Remote working (up to 60% a week)
- Great office in a central location in Paris
- Regular events and parties (breakfast, monthly party, team building, annual summer summit trip...) when the conditions get better
- And of course… your very own Dreem headband.