Business Development Lifesciences Intern
Science- Business Dev – Operations /
Dreem is a neurotechnology company developing innovative clinically-validated sleep assessment solutions for clinical trials that enable digital sleep endpoints integration in remote and/or traditional clinical trials at scale.
Dreem is now working with many of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies in using the Dreem headband to evaluate the impact of novel drugs on sleep disturbance. Dreem is actively investing to expand this part of our business. The company has a scientific and technical goal- understanding sleep and the brain, in order to develop solutions that can significantly and positively improve health for millions of people. Over the last 5 years, Dreem has filed 25 patents, developed 3 full iterations of the Dreem headband, hired an international team of 50 experts, developed a research network of 200 laboratories and hospitals, helped thousands of people across the world to solve their insomnia issues, and has collected the largest EEG database in the history, by collecting more than 1 500 000 nights of data.
Along the way, Dreem has raised more than $60M from Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Dreem has also hired 4 of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world, to support our scientific quest - Emmanuel Mignot (Director of Stanford Sleep Center), Christof Koch (CSO of the Allen Institute for Brain Science), Raphael Heinzer (Director of the CIRS of Lausanne) and Russell Foster (Director of the SCNI of Oxford).
About the Role
Dreem is building a digital sleep clinic that leverages its core technology to make sleep medicine accessible to everyone. In this context, we partner with pharmaceutical companies to identify new biomarkers and diagnosis approaches that we use for streamlining sleep diagnosis and treatment monitoring. We are looking for a brilliant teammate who wants to help us develop those partnerships with the pharma industry.
As part of the Science & Partnership team, reporting to the Chief Science Officer (CSO), your main mission will be to help the CSO develop our clinical business by growing the pipeline of customers (pharmaceutical companies and CRO) and looking for strategic partnerships for the company. As part of these mission you will be asked, more specifically to:
- Participating in customer facing calls to generate new leads
- Ensure follow up with customers and partners
- Maintain accurate account information and activity detail in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Participate in organizing online event (webinar)
- Writing specialized content around remote decentralized trials, neurotech and sleep
- Prospecting for new opportunities
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a healthy pipeline of opportunities is maintained across all stages of progression
- In depth market analysis, competitive analysis and industry economics research
You will closely collaborate with the clinical operations team.
Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to fight for better sleep.
Education & Experience
- Engineer/Master degree in Science, Business or related fields
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; recognizes and acts on opportunities; sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Sales Skills: Achieves sales goals; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence
- Sense of Urgency: Displays a matter of utmost urgency; understands the importance of making critical business decisions in a timely manner with strong attention to detail; realization that efficiency and prioritization is critical to success.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets
commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communications (English): Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication (English): Demonstrates group presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively
- Startup environnement with a lot of challenge and innovation: no time for boredom;
- Share and learn everyday with world class talents who are experts in their field, and passionate about their daily work;
- Keep informed of all company progress with weekly and monthly meetings led by the CEO;
- Work in a great office in the city center of Paris(75003), and collaborate with our teams all over the world (Paris, NYC, Taipei);
- We are remote friendly
- Bonus: good health cover “Alan”, Gymlib pass, Lunch card "Swile", BSCPE (only for full-time contracts)
- Our culture is reflected with a stellar Glassdoor rating : https://www.glassdoor.fr/Avis/Dreem-Avis-E1160223.html