Product Designer (Fixed-term contract - CDD)
Product – Product Design /
Each and every night, around the world, hundreds of millions of people are trying to sleep but can’t. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts is on a mission to beat insomnia and build the sleep medicine of tomorrow.
In the 7 years since Dreem’s creation, we’ve collected 2M nights of sleep data and helped thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 25 patents and completed 4 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Along the way we created a research network of 250 leading laboratories and hospitals and a scientific board with some of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding- working at Dreem means pushing the boundaries and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world. Ready to join the fight for better sleep?
About the role
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. We are looking for a Product Designer to craft a clear, efficient, and enjoyable experience for our pharmaceutical app and sleep therapy web and mobile apps. Experience Design at Dreem drives the vision of the entire customer journey. We are a small and growing team of diverse specialists in UX, UI, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and Copywriting. The Product Design department operates under the VP of Product and enjoys solid executive support. Dreem’s product group is truly Agile at scale, with a flat organizational structure and designers working with distinct streams, united within communities of practice. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
What you'll be doing
- Own and drive the required product design tasks from concept to shipping;
- Understand user needs, business needs and work with your team in determining opportunities as well as hypotheses for solutions;
- Design optimizations, flows and interfaces that are effective, usable, simple and desirable for Dreemers around the world;
- Define the user experience and visual design of your solutions from conception through shipping and beyond;
- Use basic research techniques, competitive analysis and data to inform strategic and tactical design decisions. Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions;
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually strive to improve quality and craftsmanship;
- Produce detailed specs for your interaction models and UI and collaborate with engineers to communicate your thinking;
- Bring your designs to life by prototyping them through Figma, AfterEffects, or other tools.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years relevant experience in design of digital (mobile and desktop) products that have been released to market;
- Proven experience delivering software applications/features from inception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment;
- Expertise in user-centered design thinking methodologies;
- Excellent visual design and communication skills;
- An up to date portfolio of your design work with descriptions of your process, your role, other people involved and your contribution. We want to see how you think and approach problems in addition to the final outcome;
- Ability to think at a high level about product and feature strategy but also act with speed and precision to actualize projects;
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects, Quartz Composer, Framer Studio, etc.), and familiarity with front-end engineering and/or working with engineers;
- Experience incorporating user research and data into your workExperience validating ideas with prototypes and user feedback;
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Experience working on app-enabled consumer packaged goods;
- Experience working at a high-growth startup;
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Startup environnement with a young, passionate, smart team.
- Good healthcare provider with “Alan”
- Luncheon vouchers
- Gymlib passes
- BSPCE participation (for full-time contracts)
- Flexible hours
- Remote working (up to 60% a week)
- Great office in a central location in Paris
- Regular events and parties (breakfast, monthly party, team building, annual summer summit trip...) when the conditions get better
- And of course… your very own Dreem headband.