Apprenticeship - Data Privacy & Business Legal Counsel
G&A – Legal /
Each and every night, around the world, hundreds of millions of people are trying to sleep but can’t. We’re in the middle of a global sleep crisis with serious ramifications for society. At Dreem, a team of 50 experts is on a mission to beat insomnia and build the sleep medicine of tomorrow.
In the 7 years since Dreem’s creation, we’ve collected 2M nights of sleep data and helped thousands of people improve their sleep. We also accumulated 25 patents and completed 4 full hardware iterations and 100s of software iterations. We raised $60M from investors including Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Along the way we created a research network of 250 leading laboratories and hospitals and a scientific board with some of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world.
Dreem is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The team’s fields of expertise encompass sleep research, neuroscience, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, and much more. Joining the team is challenging but hugely rewarding- working at Dreem means pushing the boundaries and being able to bring real positive change to people around the world. Ready to join the fight for better sleep?
Directly reporting to the Legal & HR Manager, the Apprenticeship - Data Privacy & Business
Legal Counsel is in charge of managing the RGPD/HIPAA compliance and helping with the
business agreements. Working closely with the whole teams, he/she will take a big part in
defining the privacy strategy.
● RGPD/HIPAA Compliance:
○ Personal Data Register management
○ Follow up and update of internal procedures
○ Follow up of rights of the Individuals
○ Implementation of the privacy by design concept in Dreem’s projects
○ Review and negotiation of "personal data" clauses in contracts managed by the legal department
● Legal recommendations on current projects
● PIA management with our DPO and technical team
● Processing agreements management
● Data Warehouse project management
● IP Management with our IP counsel (patents, trademarks & designs)
● Business and Clinical agreements review and negotiation
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
● At least a Master 1 in IP or Business Law
● Professional skills digital and personal data
● Excellent knowledge of GDPR/HIPAA regulations
● Excellent written and spoken English (additional languages are a plus)
● Strong interest in healthcare and technology
● A creative problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to produce results
● Very good relationship person, simple of access, empathetic and who likes to listen
to the needs
- Startup environnement with a young, passionate, smart team.
- Good healthcare provider with “Alan”
- Luncheon vouchers
- Gymlib passes
- BSPCE participation (for full-time contracts)
- Flexible hours
- Remote working (up to 60% a week)
- Great office in a central location in Paris
- Regular events and parties (breakfast, monthly party, team building, annual summer summit trip...) when the conditions get better
- And of course… your very own Dreem headband.