Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and a destination for inspiration for tens of millions. Dribbble is building the world’s best platform for designers and creative professionals to gain inspiration, feedback, education, community, and job opportunities.
We are helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. A top 1,000 website in the world, Dribbble is the world’s #1 resource for discovering and connecting with designers and creative talent around the globe and helps some of the world’s best design-forward companies including Apple, Airbnb, IDEO, Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Slack, Shopify, Lyft get exposure for their design teams and to help them hire expert creatives.
About the role:
We're looking for a full-time Designer with stellar design chops. As a Designer at Dribbble, you’ll be tasked with designing a visually engaging, strong brand voice across our mobile and web products. You’ll be successful in this role if you have a thorough understanding of the design community and are passionate about extraordinary design; you're equally comfortable leading design thinking activities and championing user experience, as you are rolling up your sleeves and contributing individually; your previous experience (both your successes and failures) have provided you with the insight needed to elevate the visual design practice and process here.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product visuals.
- Creating branding materials and other assets for marketing purposes that is consistent in style and tone
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final integration with engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Creating, improving, and using wireframes, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Eliciting constructive feedback and interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
- Exceptional design skills, including typography, sketching, composition, layout, color, iconography, illustration, and the presentation of information.
- A stellar portfolio that showcases a diversity of experience and strong system-level thinking.
- Excellent communication skills: you’re comfortable explaining your entire process and ideas to a variety of stakeholders, product managers, and peers. You can balance a firm opinion with empathy for other perspectives and constraints.
- Expert level design software skills: You’re completely comfortable using Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Sketch or Figma and other relevant design tools
- Experience: You have five years of professional experience under your belt designing brand identities, iconography, illustration, marketing/landing pages, and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Ownership: You feel responsible for creating a beautifully designed platform that supports the needs of our users.
- Made useful prototypes and wireframes (send us samples!) and experience working with style guides.
- Worked remote or want to give it a shot.
- Member of Dribbble and been active in the community.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS is a plus
We encourage you to apply if you have any combination of the listed skills and this sounds like a job you'll love.
Why you want to work here:
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team - no need to relocate to work for us.
- Build your dream schedule: We trust you to set your own schedule to meet the needs of your team and project.
- Stay healthy. Fully paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family - and a work-life balance that puts your mental health first.
- Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off so you can relax and recharge.
- Bonus holidays: We observe both American and Canadian Federal holidays company-wide!
- Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do your best work.
- Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family first. We offer 3 months paid parental leave for US employees, and EI parental leave top ups for Canadian employees when your family grows.
- Stay focused: We’re meeting-free on Mondays and Fridays
- Perk up. Feel good about treating yourself to a latte or two with your monthly coffee bonus. Now you’re not just loitering at coffee shops!
- Buff up. Everyone needs to get away from the desk sometimes. We cover gym and exercise reimbursements so that you can stay fit.
- Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out. We get our team together for some quality face-to-face time a few times a year. Each time we meet up in a different city around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.