Director of Design and Brand
Founded in 2009, Dribbble has grown to become a top global community for designers and creative professionals and a destination for inspiration for tens of millions of people. Dribbble is on a mission to build the world’s best platform for designers and creative professionals to gain inspiration, feedback, education, community, and job opportunities.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. Dribbble has become a go-to resource for discovering and connecting with designers and creative talent around the globe.
Dribbble helps some of the world’s best design-forward companies including Apple, Airbnb, IDEO, Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Slack, Shopify, and Lyft get exposure for their design teams and hire expert creatives.
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Design Director with a passion working in and for the design community to join our remotely distributed North American team, and play a central role on our leadership team.
As the Director of Design and Brand, you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the Dribbble and Crew brands
- Managing a team of world class visual designers, UX research and product designers/ front-end developers.
- Collaborating with the product and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience of Dribbble and Crew.
You’ll succeed in this role if you:
- Have stellar people, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Have extensive knowledge of the needs of the design community
- Can employ outstanding leadership and team building skills, while coaching and mentoring others
- Take ownership: the Dribbble community will depend on you to deliver a quality experience.
- Are collaborative and process-driven
About you - the requirements for the role are that you have:
- Strong visual design chops and a portfolio that demonstrates a wide variety of styles.
- 10+ years of professional design experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role.
- A proven track record of successfully leading and growing design teams
- A good understanding of common design and development processes and a desire to improve upon these.
- Proficiency in Sketch/Figma, sketching ideas quickly and iterating.
- Excellent presentation skills. You know how to present work, receive feedback, and iterate with a team.
- Made useful prototypes and wireframes (send us samples!) and experience working with style guides.
- A way with icons or illustration.
- A strong sense of responsibility for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
- Comfort with data: you know when you don't know enough to make a design decision, and you seek out answers.
- An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
- A solid perspective on how users engage with online communities.
- Experience working remotely
- Used Dribbble and been active in the community.
We encourage you to apply if you have any combination of the listed skills and this sounds like a job you'll love.
Why you want to work here:
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team - no need to relocate to work for us.
- Build your dream schedule: We trust you to set your own schedule to meet the needs of your team and project.
- Stay healthy. Fully paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family - and a work-life balance that puts your mental health first.
- Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off so you can relax and recharge.
- Bonus holidays: We observe both American and Canadian Federal holidays company-wide!
- Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do your best work.
- Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family first. We offer 3 months paid parental leave for US employees, and EI parental leave top ups for Canadian employees when your family grows.
- Stay focused: We’re meeting-free on Mondays and Fridays
- Perk up. Feel good about treating yourself to a latte or two with your monthly coffee bonus. Now you’re not just loitering at coffee shops!
- Buff up. Everyone needs to get away from the desk sometimes. We cover gym and exercise reimbursements so that you can stay fit.
- Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out. We get our team together for some quality face-to-face time a few times a year. Each time we meet up in a different city around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.