Senior Front End Engineer
Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and a destination for inspiration for tens of millions. Dribbble is building the world’s best platform for designers and creative professionals to gain inspiration, feedback, education, community, and job opportunities.
We are helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. A top 1,000 website in the world, Dribbble is the world’s #1 resource for discovering and connecting with designers and creative talent around the globe and helps some of the world’s best design-forward companies including Apple, Airbnb, IDEO, Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Slack, Shopify, Lyft get exposure for their design teams and to help them hire expert creatives.
About the role:
We're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our team and help us continue to be the leading destination to find & showcase creative work for the world's best design professionals.
We use a few different frameworks and technologies, but the crucial areas where a candidate needs significant skill and experience are:
- Rails views
As a Senior Engineer, you've been coding for years and have the skill and wisdom to contribute to a small team of developers. You'll be responsible for helping maintain a web application that supports millions of visitors each month and has wide visibility in the web industry. Product ownership, feature development, working with design teams to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, and taking an active role in defining how an application looks and works should all be things you excel at. You should be able work independently (though we collaborate continuously) and thrive on identifying, as well as solving, problems. We like to think we're always helping each other improve, so we want someone who loves being part of a team.
- 5+ years of professional Front End Development experience
- Exceptional understanding of front end development skills
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Passion for always improving (yourself, the app, the company, etc.)
- Worked remote or want to give it a shot.
- Ownership: the Dribbble community will depend on you to deliver a quality experience. You feel responsible for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
- Comfort with data: you know when you don't know enough to make a design decision, and you seek out answers.
- An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
- A solid perspective on how users engage with online communities. Made useful prototypes and wireframes (send us samples!) and experience working with style guides.
Our tech stack:
- Vanilla JS focussed with some old jQuery still hanging around
- JS testing with teaspoon/chai/jasmine/sinon
- Ruby on Rails
How we roll:
- Our teams are cross-functional with a dedicated PM leading two-week sprints.
- We point our stories as a team before each Agile sprint.
- Most of our team communication happens through:
- GitHub issues and pull requests
- Weekly video team meetings & brief standups
- Semi-Annual in-person company gatherings and occasional travel to software conferences and/or Dribbble meetups
We encourage you to apply if you have any combination of the listed skills and this sounds like a job you'll love.
Why you want to work here:
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team - no need to relocate to work for us.
- Build your dream schedule: We trust you to set your own schedule to meet the needs of your team and project.
- Stay healthy. Fully paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family - and a work-life balance that puts your mental health first.
- Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off so you can relax and recharge.
- Bonus holidays: We observe both American and Canadian Federal holidays company-wide!
- Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do your best work.
- Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family first. We offer 3 months paid parental leave for US employees, and EI parental leave top ups for Canadian employees when your family grows.
- Stay focused: We’re meeting-free on Thursdays and Fridays
- Perk up. Feel good about treating yourself to a latte or two with your monthly coffee bonus. Now you’re not just loitering at coffee shops!
- Buff up. Everyone needs to get away from the desk sometimes. We cover gym and exercise reimbursements so that you can stay fit.
- Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out. We get our team together for some quality face-to-face time a few times a year. Each time we meet up in a different city around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.