Retail Sales Intern, Washington, D.C.
DURATION: Minimum 10-12 Weeks
Hint, one of the fastest growing beverage companies in the market, is looking for a Retail Sales Intern to help reinforce Hint’s expansion in the enhanced water category. This is an opportunity to learn about a growing brand as the beverage industry continues to trend towards healthier options.
Beverage Retail is used to describe the sales channel that includes grocery, mass distribution, club and drug channels and much more. (We'll even teach you what these are!)
The perfect candidate will be independent, enthusiastic and collaborative. You will support our Area Sales Managers in all aspects of the sales cycle: developing and maintaining key accounts, identifying opportunities for growth and fostering deeper customer relationships. A proactive approach to all aspects of customer service and development is a must!
We are looking for an individual who can be at key accounts early in the morning. A car and valid driver's license is required for this role and we expect a minimum commitment of 10-12 weeks.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE:
- Account Relationships: During your internship you'll work with a set of specific retail store accounts. Your goal is to establish good rapport with managers at each account and keep in regular contact. You'll follow up to ensure that regular ordering takes place, current customers always have product in stock and that it looks GREAT on the shelves!
- Account Management: You'll ensure pricing and product are properly displayed. Creativity and attention to detail are key! You'll also learn about our business initiatives and communicate out of stocks, other issues or possible opportunities to your manager.
- Promotions & Point of Sale: You'll assist Sales Managers with racks, coolers, push glides and marketing banners. You'll also learn what these are and why they're important to sales! You'll set up Hint display cases and other sales spaces.
- Account Growth: You'll introduce local account managers to new flavor options available from distributors and help out with customer demos and local events.
- Time & Territory Management: You'll plan your day with your Manager in order to hit all your accounts and give them an excellent Hint experience. Some travel to other regions for assistance may be requested.
- Other: We'll do our best to help you learn about other dimensions of sales such as distributor sales, foodservice and field marketing.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Incoming Juniors and Seniors preferred
- Some prior work experience preferred
- You're a team player and excited to contribute to our Hint Sales Team
- You have strong organization and time management skills
- Independent: You know how to take instruction and run with it
- Service-oriented: You love being of service to your team and your customers
- You have excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- You live an active and healthy lifestyle and want to help our customers do the same!
Hint is on a mission to help the world live a healthy lifestyle by making products people love. Founded in 2005, the idea behind Hint is simple: pure water, nature's original refreshment, accented with fruit essence. No sugar, no diet sweeteners. EVER.
Headquartered in the Marina District of San Francisco with offices in New York and throughout the United States, Hint is looking for driven collaborative individuals to help us achieve our mission of healthier lifestyles for all. Hint is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.