Director of Finance and Administration
Smarter, safer, connected driving in any vehicle
Driving technology always feels old. Not by a little bit. Years and years out of date. Is that really just “the way things are”? We don’t think so and we’re here to fix that. We believe vehicles can be 1000x smarter, safer, and more connected to the world around us. Together with Honda, we are building the future of EV vehicles for millions of people around the world.
Join Drivemode for an exciting startup environment and a vibrant culture that combines impactful work, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. By becoming a part of our team, you'll contribute to a crucial mission that revolutionizes the way people engage with vehicles, addressing both business needs and the world's environmental challenges. This presents an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and drive Honda's success in the EV market.
About The Role:
As the Director of Finance and Administration, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial and administrative operations of our company, which includes both the US headquarters and the Tokyo branch. Your responsibilities will encompass financial management, administrative leadership, and operational excellence. You will collaborate with various professionals and leverage your expertise in finance, management systems, and problem-solving to enhance our financial processes and ensure smooth administrative operations.
What You Will Do
- Finance Management:
- Oversee and manage the financial operations of the company, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with accountants, consultants, and legal experts to ensure compliance and accuracy in financial processes.
- Utilize your financial expertise to identify opportunities for cost savings, process improvements, and strategic financial planning.
- Develop and maintain robust financial models, plans, and performance metrics.
- Regularly monitor financial performance, prepare insightful reports for senior management, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Compliance and Risk Management:
- Collaborate with legal and compliance consultants to assess and mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations, tax laws, and other statutory requirements for our locations
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and changes in financial regulations, proactively implementing necessary adjustments to maintain compliance.
- Financial Systems and Tools:
- Manage and optimize the company's financial systems and tools, including Google Apps, Freee, Xero, Expensify, and our mother company's internal systems.
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements, automation, and integration to streamline financial processes and improve efficiency.
- Administrative and Operations Management:
- Provide leadership in overseeing office management functions, ensuring an efficient and productive work environment.
- Manage day-to-day administrative processes such as procurement, travel management, and office maintenance.
- Develop and implement administrative policies and procedures, fostering compliance, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to address administrative and operational challenges and drive process improvements.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of five years of experience in finance management, with a focus on financial planning, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to interpret financial data, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Proven track record of implementing process improvements and optimizing financial procedures
- Experience managing financial systems and tools, preferably in an IT or software development environment.
- Strong understanding of financial principles, accounting standards, and financial regulations.
- Proven ability to develop and analyze financial reports, budgets, and forecasts.
- Familiarity with financial systems and tools such as Google Apps, Freee, Xero, and Expensify.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address complex financial and operational challenges.
- Track record of finance and accounting, including financial statement management and RSU grants
- Successful track record in senior management reporting, including setting budgets,
- priorities, and using analytical problem-solving skills to support significant decision-
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing cloud-based solutions and relevant technologies
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate a diverse team.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Japanese, to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Nice To Have
- Experience of working in multicultural environment, demonstrating adaptability and cultural sensitivity.
- International Experience
- Experience of Managing Finance and administration of a subsidiary company.
Drivemode is proud of a very diverse team with employees coming from 5 continents/11 countries as of today. Diversity in our workplace has played an important part in our success; we recognize each employee’s unique background, knowledge, experiences, ideas, and viewpoints which are all critical in developing a product that has the greatest impacts on drivers all over the world.
Drivemode provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics that make you unique.