Android Software Engineer on Test
Smarter, safer, connected driving in any vehicle
Driving technology always feels old. Not by a little bit. Years and years out of date. Is that really just “the way things are”? We don’t think so and we’re here to fix that. We believe vehicles can be 1000x smarter, safer, and more connected to the world around us. Together with Honda, we are building the future of EV vehicles for millions of people around the world.
Join Drivemode for an exciting startup environment and a vibrant culture that combines impactful work, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. By becoming a part of our team, you'll contribute to a crucial mission that revolutionizes the way people engage with vehicles, addressing both business needs and the world's environmental challenges. This presents an exceptional opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and drive Honda's success in the EV market.
About the Role
As an Android Software Engineer on Test you will be working as part of our QA team and partnering up with Android Developers to guarantee the quality of the delivered software deployed to connected Vehicles. The software we deliver integrates with a diversity of vehicle hardware, so you will be interacting with different equipment, protocols and applications including the Android Operating System to validate the reliability and end to end functional and non-functional requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Write automation code and execute automated functional, non-functional and performance tests for Applications and Services running on an embedded Android System
- Generate automation test result reports
- Maintain and improve testing environments and internal frameworks
- Document automation solutions and share knowledge with other QA members
- Enable QA Team and its independence to execute tests by developing test tools for simulating specific hardware and software behaviors
- Support collaboration through participation in testing discussions/sessions
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3 years experience in Android application development with Kotlin
- Experience in automation testing on android mobile applications
- Experience in using relevant frameworks/tools for Android test automation and mocking of interfaces/APIs, such as Espresso, Robolectric, JUnit and other unit and instrumented testing tools
- Proficiency on Linux OS, and scripting languages such as Python, Shell Script and Kotlin Script
- Experience in Android automated testing
- At least Intermediate level of English
- Strong sense of ownership of product features and quality
- A flexible attitude and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Be willing to do what it takes, even if it's outside of your usual responsibility area
- Someone who thinks that cars and motorcycles can be 1000x better than they are today
Nice to Have
- Testing experience on embedded systems
- Performance testing experience on android mobile applications
- Experience with Android CTS
- Experience in delivering and testing Android Systems such as Android Automotive, Android TV or standard Android for phones and other devices
- Experience testing applications that interact with hardware devices and bluetooth
- Experience in testing Jetpack Compose
- Proficiency on Git, Github, Github Actions
Drivemode is proud of a very diverse team with employees coming from 5 continents/11 countries as of today. Diversity in our workplace has played an important part in our success; we recognize each employee’s unique background, knowledge, experiences, ideas, and viewpoints which are all critical in developing a product that has the greatest impacts on drivers all over the world. Drivemode provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics that make you unique.