Frontend Web Developer/Web Designer
St. Louis /
IT Department /
This is a hybrid Web Designer & Frontend Web Developer role.
On the design side, familiarity with color theory, graphic design, information flow, user experience (UX), a great sense of aesthetics and the ability to make a website look beautiful using wire-framing tools such as Adobe XD and Sketch is needed.
Our ideal candidate is a highly creative who is able to take their designs into a highly functional website. This designer will be working on multiple aspects of a project, from Project Kickoff, to the Sitemap & Content Stage, to the Wireframe and Mockup Stages and then on to working hand-in-hand with the Backend Developers to turn your designs into a fully functional web application.
- Attending client meetings (website kickoff meeting, review and approval meetings)
- Strategize website sitemaps and information flow
- Designing/prototyping website designs and providing developers with HTML & CSS style guides
- Assist developers in page design and other work
- Development of websites (using WordPress themes and custom HTML & CSS)
- Provide direction, edits, feedback and final approval with the Backend Developers
- Occasional client communication to necessitate project completion
- Front End website maintenance
- 2-3 years of visual design experience focusing on strong UI/UX.
- 2-3 years of front-end development specifically with WordPress
- Ability to perform maintenance tasks and the appearance of client websites within WordPress
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- Create quality mockups and prototypes using Adobe XD or Sketch
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Excellent visual design skills and an understanding of key design principles
- Designing sample pages or mood boards including colors and fonts
- Experience preparing design plans and presenting the website structure (sitemap)
- Enthusiastic, optimistic & unfazed by constructive criticism
- Coachable – you are open to implementing feedback consistently
- Leadership – you can provide tactful and constructive feedback to all members of the team
- Dependable – you will offer assistance to other team members who may need assistance to keep the team firing on all cylinders
- Resourceful – you go over, under, around and through obstacles to achieve success
- Communication – you can clearly convey suggestions and overcome any poor suggestions that would harm the success of the web project
- Team Player – you are able to work collaboratively with team members across multiple departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working quickly without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work tightly with various teams and be an effective communicator about progress and process on assigned projects
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and being able to conceptualize creative ideas with clients
- General understanding of SEO best practices as it pertains to web development.
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using project management tools such as TaskRay or Trello
- Past marketing agency experience
Drive Social Media is the one of the fastest growing advertising technology companies in the country. Keeping up with the massive shift in consumer attention moving to online platforms with companies like Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and Google the growth in digital advertising can be challenging for many businesses. Born out of necessity to provide the best return on investment for our partners, Drive Social Media built a cloud-based advertising management platform to achieve better campaign results and improve advertising efficiencies to grow businesses revenue. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to our partners.