Lead - Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Drivetrain is on a mission to empower businesses to make better decisions. Our financial planning & decision-making platform helps companies scale and achieve their targets predictably.
Drivetrain is a remote-first company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founded in 2021 by a couple of ex-Googlers, Drivetrain is a fast-growing company on a trajectory for success with backing from leading venture capital firms.
Drivetrain provides a great culture for its employees to thrive in and be happy.
💜 Remote-friendly: Drivetrain brings together the best and the brightest, no matter where they are and provides them a great degree of autonomy. We trust our people.
🗣️ Open & transparent: We know that when our creators have access to all the information they need, their best work will emerge.
👏 Idea-friendly: We provide an environment to explore new ideas, to take risks, to make mistakes, and to learn, so you can succeed. Anyone in the company can come up with great ideas and become a catalyst for positive change. We let the best ideas win.
👥 Customer-centric: We follow a product-led growth strategy, continuously learning from our customers and collaborating to build the amazing software that Drivetrain is.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is going to take a role of evaluating and refining the quality strategy for our projects that currently consists of extensive automation suite, as well as manual testing.
In this role you will be managing both SDETs as well as test analysts on the team in order to assure the releases of our products are of the right quality with the ideal blend of manual and automated testing.
What you’ll be doing
- Establish and deliver the quality strategy for a product based on the ideal blend of automation and manual testing
- Manage, recruit and lead a quality team consisting of SDETs, Test Analysts and TA lead
- Accountable for the quality of all deliverables, workflows and relationships for the quality team
- Work closely with development technical directors and program managers to align on the quality strategy
- Forecast and manage the product's test schedules, dependencies and resources
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience
- Drive identification, design and delivery for technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners, and influence software quality
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Drivetrain
What you'll bring to the role:
- Passion for Quality Assurance and software engineering
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard or Java)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses, and QA tools
- 4+ years of hands on testing experience
- Experience in team management and development of engineering talent
Sounds exciting? Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may just be the next best decision you’ve ever made!