UX Designer, AEC (Architecture | Engineering | Construction)
Fort Worth, TX /
Product – Design /
DroneDeploy is the leading enterprise-grade drone data platform for managing complex job sites. Trusted by brands globally, we have over 5,000 customers across 200 countries. Our software automates everything from flight to insight, making the power of drone data accessible and productive for everyone. We’re transforming data collection across a variety of industries, including energy, construction, and agriculture, enabling teams to survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. Recognized as a Best Place to Work nationally and locally, we have a winning culture where our employees span across the globe and are empowered to think big to meet our customer’s current and future needs.
DroneDeploy is looking for a UX designer to join our Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) team as we drive to harness the power of drones and scanning technologies to create a new standard in mapping and geospatial analytics.
Designers at DroneDeploy work at the intersection of design, technology, and research to solve real-world problems and tackle exciting challenges that are defining an entirely new market. We create software solutions that stretch across hardware and software platforms, and that is used everywhere from offices to construction sites, fields to forests.
As a designer on our team, you will help us to understand and grow our user base, design the tools that help them achieve their goals, and be a key contributor to the culture and practices of our design team. While this role is posted in Fort Worth, TX, we are open to hiring across the U.S.
- User Research: Develop a deep connection with our users and their challenges, and share your wisdom across our team.
- Interaction Design: Use your deep user empathy to craft workflows that help users glide through the challenges they face in accomplishing their goals.
- Visual Design: Balance pizazz with practicality, making considered choices that take into account the varied conditions and environments our users encounter.
- Design Process: Embrace agile design processes, iterating quickly and validating choices frequently, keeping a keen eye on the health of your features once they go live.
- Collaboration: Be an embedded member of a product team, building tight bonds with Engineers, Product Managers, and your Design peers.
- Data Analysis: Work with your peers in product management and engineering to utilize data in evaluating the impact of design solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in UX, HCI, Design or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years working as a UX or Product Designer on cross-functional development teams.
- Strong portfolio, with emphasis on shipped work, demonstrating process and impact.
- Proficiency with the full-stack of design tools (Adobe, Sketch, et al), from conception to delivery.
- Experience using design systems and UI component libraries.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a high-paced environment.
- Understanding of qualitative user research methodologies such as usability testing.
Upon joining our team, we will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Life at DroneDeploy
We believe in a global work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make a meaningful impact. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area (SF Business Times), made the Top 200 list of America's Best Startups (Forbes) and we work hard to maintain recognition status. Our team is creative, motivated, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software in the industry. We take feedback seriously, act with integrity, and constantly strive for improving our processes, benefits, products, and invest in our people.
Employee Programs & Benefits include:
Flexible work schedules
100% paid healthcare coverage for employees
$1,000 development reimbursement
$600 well-being reimbursement
Monthly remote-utility stipend
Flexible paid time off
Parental paid leave
Weekly virtual fitness classes
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.