Senior Backend Software Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Backend /
DroneDeploy is the enterprise-grade drone data platform for managing complex job sites. Trusted by brands globally, our software automates everything from flight to insight, making the power of aerial data accessible and productive for everyone. We’re transforming data collection across a variety of industries, including agriculture, oil & gas, construction, solar, and utilities, so teams can survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. We are the leading drone software company with over 5,000 customers across 200 countries. Our team is comprised of passionate, tech-driven enthusiasts. Voted the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area, we welcome talented professionals looking to make an impact.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer who is passionate about shipping customer-facing products to join our small, dynamic, fast-moving team. You will be working on our mapping team, rapidly delivering products which allow our customers to process drone data into 2D and 3D maps, and building advanced customer-facing features on top of this data to allow them to extract valuable information for their businesses.
- Take ownership of new projects and features from design to customer rollout
- Produce high quality, reliable, well-tested software to help power our drone data platform
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing production Python applications
- Experience developing production web / enterprise SaaS platforms
- Must be able to work within North American time zones
- Experience developing user-facing FE code within modern frameworks (React / Angular)
- Experience with GIS, computer vision or machine learning
- Experience with Python asynchronous development
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB
Life at DroneDeploy
Ranked #1 as the Best Place to Work in the Bay, our team is creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software platform in the industry. We believe in a work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make an impact.
Perks & Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible vacation policy
Weekly virtual yoga classes
Weekly virtual boot camp workout classes
$1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
$75 monthly wellness reimbursement
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.