Sr. Specialist, Flight Operations (UAS Pilot)
Chico, California /
Operations – Air Operations /
Our mission is simple: make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. That’s where our technology using drone swarms, survey and data collection, and proprietary seed delivery vessels can substantially help to speed up the process. We’re making it scalable by navigating hard terrain, providing labor better tools, and shortening the supply chain from 18-36 months to 30-60 days.
We work in post-wildfire environments to plant native trees and vegetation using heavy lift drone swarms. We’ve pioneered seed vessels and tailored them to survive in different ecosystems. Our aerial survey and data collection process allows us to deliver vessels to microsites at the ¼ acre scale and boost survival. We continually integrate rapidly evolving aircraft and hardware technology which enables us to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments.
DroneSeed is a Techstars alumni founded in 2016 to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We work with 3 of the 5 largest timber companies in the United States, and are backed by partners like Social Capital, Spero Ventures, the co-founder of DocuSign, and others focused on solving the world’s hardest problems.
What you'll be doing:
As a Sr. Specialist, Flight Operations (UAS Pilot) you will be piloting DroneSeed’s heavy lift aircraft fleet operating at customer sites across North America. You will use your professional aviation skills to deliver excellent service to our customers while upholding our rigorous approach to safety. You will be part of a rapidly growing team of professionals focused on making reforestation scalable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor of Science degree a plus.
- 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent flight skills
- FAA Part 107 Certified and Proficient in heavy-lift, multi-rotor UAS operations.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality.
- Deep UAS systems knowledge and functional expertise.
- Resourceful and adaptable to new and changing technologies and environments.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a professional flight and ground operations team.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations and deep understanding of 14 CFR Parts 107, 137, 61, and 91.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Willing to work in remote environments and travel regionally up to 50% - 75% of the time.
- Current U.S. fixed-wing or rotorcraft pilot's certificate
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed locations in Butte County California.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of executing flight operations with multi-vehicle, heavy lift drones in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.