Manager, Program Management
Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Program Management /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:
As a Program Manager you will own programs that scale DroneSeed’s operations while driving improvement in service capabilities and efficiency. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and ability to deliver results. You will work on difficult problems with high ambiguity that impact multiple internal teams as well as external customers. You will build trust with stakeholders to quickly operationalize new service capabilities and improve the productivity of our teams.
You will own:
- Strategy: You will define the steps and actions necessary to implement programs that achieve organizational goals by turning ambiguity into clarity.
- Planning & Execution: You will own all aspects of several highly impactful programs within the company focused on scaling our operational capabilities.
- Metrics: You will define objectives and key results necessary to measure the effectiveness of your program responsibilities.
- Partnerships: You will collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and biology to integrate new technologies into customer service offerings.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor of Science degree a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in operations, strategy, or data analyst roles.
- Experience owning cross functional programs.
- Desire and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to manage time, juggle multiple priorities, and create high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
Bonus Skills and Expereince
- PMP Certification and/or Lean/Six Sigma Certification(s).
- Experience with Aviation and/or Ground Support systems in a deployed (austere) environments.
- Service as Maintenance Material Control Officer (MMCO) or equivalent.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in Seattle, WA.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of leading programs that enable multi-vehicle, heavy lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.
DroneSeed is a DOD SkillBridge Industry Partner . The DoD SkillBridge program is an opportunity for Service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service. SkillBridge connects Service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences. Click here to learn more: https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/program-overview.htm