Specialist, Shipping & Receiving
Seattle, Washington /
Manufacturing – Production /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:
Your responsibilities as Specialist, Shipping & Receiving [Manufacturing] is to ensure the safe and efficient handling of in-bound and out-bound shipments of materials and equipment, and to verify and maintain accurate documentation on all incoming and outgoing shipments. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
In this role you will perform both physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of raw materials and finished goods in accordance with Lean / Six Sigma practices. You will get to check goods received against purchase orders or invoices. You will maintain records of goods and reject any unsatisfactory items. Package and prepare products for final shipment and post weights and shipping charges. You will also be required to lift some heavy items and to use material handling equipment such as a forklift.
Working closely with team leads, you will develop a deep understanding of the DroneSeed manufacturing process. You can expect to regularly collaborate with team leaders to assist with modeling and projecting out both inbound and outbound material shipments, and reporting on any risks to projects.
- Oversee the accurate receiving, processing, and shipping of all manufacturing materials and equipment
- Receive packaged and palletized goods, unpack, verify, and record incoming stock into Inventory Management Systems
- Check and ensure the minimum stock of raw materials in production necessary to fulfill the production schedule by performing monthly hand inventory audits, and refilling or notifying managers when orders are required
- Maintain safe and clean working area
- Notify management of any emergencies immediately
- Daily forklift operation (Forklift license required or ability to obtain license within 30 days of hire)
- Actively participate in process improvements and development for shipping and receiving
- Build out - and document - logistic processes and establish a culture of excellence
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management, including substitute for any operation staff in any area during breaks, absences, or slow downs in the shipping department
- High school diploma or equivalent 6 months+ experience working in a warehouse or factory environment
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs
- Proven reliability and team-oriented work ethic
- Excellent judgment with clear “safety-first” mentality, and a commitment to a safe work environment that promotes equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communication and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management
- Able to stand for long periods, reach and bendAble to move and lift items of up to 50lbs Well organized, detail oriented and data driven
- Effective process evaluation and problem solving skillsAbility to multitask and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Embrace rapid change
A plus if you also have:
- 1+ years experience working in a warehouse or factory environment
- Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We’re focused on our mission and making a positive impact on the environment. You’ll be a part of a dynamic team in a high growth environment. In addition, we believe taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed offers paid time off and paid holidays.
Other Information: Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of working in a high energy dynamic environment, we’d love to speak with you.