Manager, Facilities Management
Roy, Washington /
Supply Chain – Nursery Operations /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Manager, Facilities, you’ll be managing the overall facilities portfolio at Silvaseed, our seed plant (including a seed bank) and nursery operations in Roy, WA. We have a complex consisting of 3 properties including offices, seed plant, greenhouses, cooler/freezer systems and fields, all of which support the front end of high-volume forest regeneration product development. We anticipate the facility will grow to 3x its output in the next 36 months. Your role will ensure the staff of 30+ team members are operating in a safe and functional environment to maximize their daily productivity.
- Reporting to the General Manager in Roy, WA, the individual will be responsible for the overall facilities portfolio of Silvaseed. Facility day-to-day management when meeting multiple deadlines is common.
- Adhere to the safety and security guidelines that make our working environment efficient for business.
- Initial 30+ months: lead the four new major build projects: greenhouses, cold storage, loading docks and machine shop. Responsible for selecting qualified contractors and suppliers, budget and supervise the project timeline. When required, identify the right local agency for obtaining the relevant permits to run the construction projects smoothly.
- Throughout the build projects, anticipate potential causes of delay, respond to the unexpected, and mitigate the impact on project progress. Integrate safety SOPs after construction is completed.
- Diligent planning between utilizing the current buildings for continuous expansion (the operations will be three times bigger in the next year or so).
- Manage and potentially remodel and renovate the current buildings.
- Coordinates and oversees the repair and maintenance work assignments performed by contractors and suppliers. Review the invoices for billing procedures.
- Be the primary point of contact for handling the service requests from different departments.
- Ensure all building space is clean, properly furnished, safe, in working order and organized at all times.
- Proactively anticipate potential facilities’ needs and concerns.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with different departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent judgment with a clear “safety-first” mentality, and a commitment to a safe work environment that promotes equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb stakeholder engagement skills: capable of communicating with people at all levels. Know how to navigate within the organization composed of long tenure employees and leverage their knowledge
- Effective process evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Proven reliability and team-oriented work ethic. Equally effective as a leader and an individual contributor
- Customer service mindset - prioritizing based on the availability of the resources and budget
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry
- Able to stand for long periods, reach and bend
- Able to move and lift items of up to 50lbs Well organized, detail-oriented, and data-driven
- Driver's license may be required.
- 10 years of experience with high-performance facility and construction management in the private sector, such as agricultural development, hospitals, etc.
- Experience with HVAC, cooling and freezing infrastructure
- Skills for troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and plumbing infrastructure for appropriate professional/certified vendor delegation
- Fleet management experience (tractors, trucks, and other motorized vehicles.
- Experience with greenhouse construction, previously working at engineering consulting firms or PMP credentials.
- Working knowledge of managing CEA facilities.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to create the physical infrastructure for some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.