Sr. Manager/Director Production (Logistics)
Manufacturing – Production
Our mission is simple: make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. That’s where our technology using drone swarms, survey and data collection, and proprietary seed delivery vessels can substantially help to speed up the process. We’re making it scalable by navigating hard terrain, providing labor better tools, and shortening the supply chain from 18-36 months to 30-60 days.
We work in post-wildfire environments to plant native trees and vegetation using heavy lift drone swarms. We’ve pioneered seed vessels and tailored them to survive in different ecosystems. Our aerial survey and data collection process allows us to deliver vessels to microsites at the ¼ acre scale and boost survival. We continually integrate rapidly evolving aircraft and hardware technology which enables us to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments.
DroneSeed is a Techstars alumni founded in 2016 to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We work with 3 of the 5 largest timber companies in the United States, and are backed by partners like Social Capital, Spero Ventures, the co-founder of DocuSign, and others focused on solving the world’s hardest problems.
You are the Production/Logistics Manager responsible for all elements of seed vessel production for DroneSeed commercial and research projects. You will coordinate with the Director of Research and Development and the DroneSeed engineering group to lead a manufacturing team in the production of each type of seed vessel and its corresponding versions as they are developed. This fast growing environment will require you to scale and evolve current and future manufacturing solutions to meet a demand for produced units on a per project basis (domestically and abroad). You will also regularly synthesize manufacturing metrics for reporting and forecasting on team status, production targets, and finances.
What you will be doing:
- Grow DroneSeed’s production capacity and geographic reach
- Lead and continue to build a diverse team of production personnel
- Work with engineers and foresters/biologists on development of new seed vessels and production automation
- Report and forecast production targets and finances
- Manage the supply chain of raw materials and coordinate with operations on shipping/logistics
- Foster a safety-first culture ensure regulatory compliance.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Forestry, agriculture, horticulture, or nursery management
- Factory/production line stand-up or design
- Strong problem solver familiar with root cause analysis techniques, FMEA, Six Sigma, or 8D
- Formal safety management systems a plus
- Experience at a startup or fast paced work environment a plus
A plus if you also have experience with:
- Design or analytics software, e.g. confident using data analysis programs like SPSS, R, and familiar with ERP and related software systems
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We’re focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We have an awesome office culture, highly collaborative team, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. This position may have satellite production that develops south of Seattle/Olympia and may include travel or if preferred relocation.
In any application cover letter, please highlight what motivated you to reach out to DroneSeed versus other opportunities.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of supporting a busy executive team focused on growing a thriving startup, we’d love to speak with you.