Director of Engineering
Seattle, Washington /
Technology – Engineering /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
You recognize climate change as an existential threat to global civilization and are dedicated to doing something meaningful about it. You have led technology teams in high growth organizations that have excelled even as they expanded. Your own personal values align with our own - leading with empathy, a drive to deliver meaningful results for stakeholders, building and maintaining a high degree of trust, and an urgency fitting our the audacity of our mission.
What you will be doing
- Support, lead, and retain a diverse and dedicated engineering team
- Work with Product Managers to build and improve an array of high performance solutions for internal and external customers
- Determine and communicate resource needs to achieve broad objectives
- Work with recruiting to ensure we source and onboard top talent
- Discover and debug team and organizational issues
- Mentoring, coaching, and “leveling up” reports; actionable feedback and progress reports
Some things we work on
- Multiagent deployment mission planning systems
- Seed enablement technology and mass production
- Field equipment and aircraft build and maintenance
- Forest restoration tools and systems
How we work
- Empowered, collaborative cross functional product teams
- Values-first recruitment and processes
- Objectives and Key Results to prioritize product strategy and resource allocation
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have a mix of fixed office and remote workforce, and optimize for maximum collaboration. Our headquarters is located in Seattle (Ballard), Washington but we have employees across the Pacific Northwest, New Zealand, and New York State.