Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Program Management /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:
As a Project Specialist you’ll be focused on intake and execution of customer projects. You'll manage communication with external and internal stakeholders to understand project timelines, budgets, progress, risks, and overall status of objectives. You’ll partner closely with internal functions such as Sales, Operations, Manufacturing, and Finance to lead the project through all stages of execution. In addition to customer project responsibilities, you’ll also own all operational workforce management (i.e. scheduling). In this capacity you’ll be responsible for maintaining the Operations schedule. Specifically you’ll be executing scheduling activities, analyzing availability to meet targets, ensuring operational capacity, and making overall appropriate staffing decisions.
- Coordinate stakeholders and cross-functional team members to define and deliver customer projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus customer or technical constraints.
- Manage all operational scheduling to meet project timelines and objectives.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create and maintain detailed work plan and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Coordinate with the Account Manager and/or sales team representative to organize and hold client kickoff meetings, provide periodic project status updates and project closeout reports.
- Bachelor's degree required, Bachelor of Science degree a plus.
- Experience with process building and project/program management.
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project or equivalent.
- Experience in workforce management and scheduling.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Bonus: Exposure to UAS, knowledge of requirements and regulations, and/or FAA Part 107 certified.
- Bonus: Knowledge or experience in forestry, environmental science, or a related field is a plus.
- Bonus: PMP and/or Lean/Six-Sigma Certification.
Basic Qualifications (Internal Candidates)
- Been at DroneSeed in your current role at least (6) months and completed (1) review cycle.
- Excellent understanding of DroneSeed’s business processes and considered a “go to” by peers in current role.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.