Specialist, Recruiting Coordination
Seattle, Washington /
People & Culture – Talent /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you’ll be doing:
During this high growth phase of the company, the hiring process is a critical function to the company’s success. This role is critical to ensuring all candidates have a wonderful experience from start to finish, and no matter the outcome. In most instances, you’ll be the first internal contact a new Candidate has with our company. You’ll help put the Candidate’s mind at ease that our process will be timely, efficient, and provide clear communication at every step. Proactive and empathetic communication is essential to this role. In addition you’ll serve as “organizational guru” with our internal hiring teams, ensuring schedules are coordinated, hiring managers are updated, and improvement opportunities are noted. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high growth, mission driven start-up, and help us build a recruiting organization from scratch.
- Schedule interviews and phone screens working directly with candidates and hiring managers
- Maintain and update our Applicant Tracking System (Lever)
- Provide follow-up communications to candidates on recruiting status
- Coordinate post interview debriefs meetings and organizing materials
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience
- Assist in other recruiting activities as needed
- Associate’s degree in business, or related field; OR two (2) years of directly related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Superb interpersonal skills “customer” (candidate) focus mindset.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth/change environment.
- Experience with GoogleDocs/MS-Word, GSheets/Excel, GoogleSlides/PowerPoint.
A plus if you also have:
- 1+ year of recruiting coordination, recruiting or other HR experience.
- Experience with Lever.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We’re focused on our mission and making a positive impact on the environment. You’ll also be a part of a leadership team where 4 of 5 members are either non-male/veteran/POC/LGBTQ. These aspects (and our hiring process) are what have led us to have an awesome office culture and highly collaborative team.
Additional benefits: Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed has a flexible paid time-off policy, so take the time off you need - we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Other Information:Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. This position will require travel domestically (US) and abroad, therefore requiring the candidate to have a US driver’s license as well as a passport and status conducive to international travel.
In any application cover letter, please highlight what motivated you to reach out to DroneSeed versus other opportunities.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and eager to help us build out a world class hiring process for Candidates, we’d love to speak with you.