Specialist, Sales Support
Roy, Washington /
Supply Chain – Nursery Operations /
About DroneSeed/ Silvaseed:
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300 years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
DroneSeed has acquired and expanded Silvaseed, a 130-year old business which grows millions of trees per year, to become the largest private tree seed bank west of Colorado. The acquisition positions DroneSeed as a one-stop-shop for reforestation services including seed collection, seedling cultivation, aerial drone-based seeding, and financing with carbon credits. DroneSeed plans to further expand, doubling its capacity to address increased demand for reforestation services.
You are an early-career sales / customer service professional who is comfortable working in fast-paced startup environments. Building systems and organizing information comes naturally to you. You are a problem solver who navigates effectively between sales and ops. You can think strategically and can also roll up your sleeves. You are curious and passionate about understanding customer needs and facilitating solutions for them. You are highly organized, build trust, and can manage interactions at all levels across departments. You are compassionate and empathetic, and an effective, clear communicator.
What you'll be doing:
- Organizing the company’s current manual sales system into a formal CRM.
- Managing all communications from inbound customer leads across the company and its subsidiaries (phone calls, emails, web inquiries, and select social media).
- Attending regular Business Development meetings and summarizing takeaways in a clear, thorough manner.
- Directing customers to the appropriate team member according to specific reforestation needs.
- Developing materials with Sales and Marketing departments.
- Working on solutions that straddle Sales and R&D departments (effectively drones, seed, seedlings, and carbon offsets)
- Building a deep understanding of our business verticals to effectively draw on the right resources at the right time.
- Creating and presenting weekly reports on key performance indicators.
- Working across Google Workspace and our CRM platform.
- Communicating cross-culturally with international seed buyers when necessary.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, natural resource management, ecology, forestry, agriculture/horticulture, or related field.
- 1+ years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer service roles.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues while managing competing priorities.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
Nice to have:
- Professional proficiency in Spanish, French, and/or German.
- Start-up or equivalent experience in high-growth and/or fast-paced environments.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed/ Silvaseed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, and support and encourage collaboration. Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed/ Silvaseed offers paid time off and paid holidays.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Roy, WA (located between Olympia & Tacoma) at least 50% of the time (work not done in Roy can be performed remotely). DroneSeed/ Silvaseed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and eager to get your foot in the door of a fast-paced rapidly growing startup we’d love to speak with you.