Specialist, Production Line Lead
Seattle, Washington /
Manufacturing – Production /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a results-oriented line leader to lead our company's production team. You will be setting up the production line to complete specific orders, overseeing assembly line workers, and ensuring that orders are completed safely, on time, and within budget. To ensure success as a line leader, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of production processes and experience in a similar industry. A top-notch line leader will be someone whose production line expertise results in production targets being met without compromising on safety or quality.
- Oversee and provide constant training and technical assistance to all operation staff ensuring they are following all work instructions and safety practices
- Ensure traceability of the product and its components through proper use of the a data collection system, ensuring that the system is always active and functional
- Check and ensure the minimum stock of raw materials necessary to fulfill the production schedule are on hand, refilling and ordering as required
- Solve “first-level of maintenance issues" on production equipment in collaboration with the Maintenance Technician and following all procedures and work with the Maintenance Technician to resolve maintenance problems at a higher level
- Substitute for any operation staff in any area during breaks and/or absences
- Ensure all operations staff are following and executing all operations processes and equipment safely
- Delegate assembly line responsibilities at the beginning of each shift
- Oversee training of new team members on the assembly line stations
- Give workers recognition and feedback throughout the shiftAddress production issues if they arise
- Update product records and note line issues at the end of each shift
- Maintain a clean and uncluttered warehouseNotify management of any emergencies immediately
- 6 months+ experience working on assembly lines or in factoriesProven reliability and work ethic
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Team-oriented work ethicCommitment to following safety protocols
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent judgment with clear “safety-first” mentality, and a commitment to a safe work environment that promotes equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communication and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management
A plus if you also have:
- 1+ years experience working on assembly lines or in factories
- 6 months+ experience supervising employees or volunteers
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We’re focused on our mission and making a positive impact on the environment. You’ll be a part of a dynamic team in a high growth environment. In addition, we believe taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed offers paid time off and paid holidays.
Other Information: Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of working in a high energy dynamic environment, we’d love to speak with you.