Sr. Specialist, Facilities Management
Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Facilities /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Facilities Management Specialist, you’ll be managing the overall facilities portfolio, consisting of 15,000+ sq ft facilities in Ballard, WA. In our fast-paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines is common for your day-to-day work time.
- Manage and coordinate the remodel and renovation projects, including contractors and suppliers selection and tracking associated costs for budget preparation for finance partners. Potentially coordinates and manages the work stations moving between the buildings
- Obtain the price quotes and approval for the procurement of parts and services.
- Coordinates and oversees the repair and maintenance work assignments performed by contractors and suppliers. Review the invoices for billing procedures.
- Be the primary point of contact for handling the service requests from different departments
- Ensure all building space is clean, properly furnished, safe, in working order and organized at all times
- Proactively anticipate potential facilities’ needs and concerns.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with different departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent judgment with a clear “safety-first” mentality, and a commitment to a safe work environment that promotes equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective process evaluation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven reliability and team-oriented work ethic. Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communication and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management.
- Customer service mindset - prioritizing based on the availability of the resources and budget.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry.
- Able to stand for long periods, reach and bend.
- Able to move and lift items of up to 50lbs
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and data-driven
- A driver’s license may be required.
- 5+ years experience working in a warehouse or factory environment
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to help us to build and manage the facilities for fast-growing teams, we’d love to speak with you.