Specialist, Ground Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Ground Operations /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300 years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
DroneSeed has acquired and expanded Silvaseed, a 130-year old business which grows millions of trees per year, to become the largest private tree seed bank west of Colorado. The acquisition positions DroneSeed as a one-stop-shop for reforestation services including seed collection, seedling cultivation, aerial drone-based seeding, and financing with carbon credits. DroneSeed plans to further expand, doubling its capacity to address increased demand for reforestation services.
What you'll be doing:
As a Ground Operations Specialist, you will be a member of our field operations team working to keep aircraft serviced and flying in order to plant thousands of trees per day. You will be directly supporting flight operations, performing limited equipment troubleshooting, and managing logistics needs on our forestry sites. This role requires strong teamwork skills through building trust, solving challenging problems with ambiguity, and the ability to deliver results for our customers.
- A bachelor’s degree or prior military service or civil service experience required.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality.
- Willing to work in remote environments and travel regionally up to 50% - 75% of the time.
- Experience operating and maintaining utility equipment and identifying mechanical breakdowns or failures.
- Experience driving large pickups and/or towing mid-sized trailers and equipment.
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communications and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management.
- Resourceful and adaptable to new and changing technologies, processes, and environments.
- Must be willing to learn and follow regulatory guidance and procedures.
- Prior experience in forestry or scouting.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed has a generous paid time-off policy, so take the time off you need.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of supporting operations that enable multi-vehicle, heavy lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.