Seattle, Washington /
General & Administrative – Executive /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
HQ: Ballard Brewery District, Seattle, WA
Team: Grant Canary (CEO), Ben Reilly (CTO), John Hall (VP Ops & Finance), Cassie Meigs (Director, Account Management), Matthew Aghai (Sr. Director, Bio R&D), Arnoud de Villegas (Sr. Director, Business Development)
Team Size: ~75
Market: $272B Carbon Credit Market (Refinitiv Analysis)
Revenue: Data will be shared with qualified candidates
Clients: 3 of 5 largest timber companies, The Nature Conservancy, Tribal Nations, the Bureau of Land Management
You are a professional Executive Assistant with experience working in fast-paced startup environments. You bring a passion for helping senior leadership maximize their time to focus on growing the business. You are highly organized, build trust, and can manage interactions at all levels, particularly senior leadership and customers. You are authoritative and make the trains run on time, but win trust and respect and are incredibly kind while doing so.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the CEO: Grant Canary
- Drafting regular communications to investors.
- Collecting and organizing key performance indicators into reports for weekly discussion
- Scheduling cost effective travel and lodging
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
- Management of the press kit additions and subtractions
- Organizing team activities such as retreats, org-wide meetings, social outings, and other key logistics.
- Creating team expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
- Space planning activities within the organization to help us grow!
A plus if you have:
- 5+ years experience providing direct EA support including calendar management, meeting coordination, travel coordination, event planning, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to organize, multi-task, and problem solve issues while managing competing priorities and commitments to deadlines
- Start-up or equivalent experience in high-growth and/or fast-paced environments.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We’re focused on our mission and making a positive impact on the environment. You’ll be a part of a leadership team where 4 of 5 members are from diverse groups. These aspects (and our hiring process) are what have led us to have an awesome office culture and highly collaborative team. In addition, we believe taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need - we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Other Information: Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. This position will require travel domestically (US) and abroad, therefore requiring the candidate to have a US driver’s license as well as a passport and status conducive to international travel. In any application cover letter, please highlight what motivated you to reach out to DroneSeed versus other opportunities. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of supporting a busy executive team focused on growing a thriving startup, we’d love to speak with you.