Sr. Specialist, Regeneration Forester
Seattle, Washington /
Sales & Marketing – Customer Sales /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Regeneration [Sales] Forester you will be assisting primarily with the sales, coordination, Rx writing, and implementation of forest and wildland regeneration projects for DroneSeed Co and its subsidiaries. This position will require a strong understanding of forest ecology, disturbance ecology, silviculture, forest operations, natural regeneration dynamics and artificial regeneration practices for temperate forests. You will develop a fluency with DroneSeed products and be a technical expert that the team can rely on for a thorough understanding of best practices for forest regeneration operations. You will work under the supervision of the Director of Research and Development and directly with the Sales team to develop and execute projects with myriad clientele ranging from TIMOs and REITs, to public and private landowners of various ownership sizes and management objectives.
- A completed undergraduate degree in forestry from an SAF accredited institution
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing forester or the equivalent academic or research experience
- Direct experience with artificial regeneration and/or restoration of forested ecosystems
- An operational fluency with artificial regeneration practices including site preparation, seedling procurement, stocktype selection, and site monitoring
- A thorough understanding of silviculture and forest mensuration
- A technical understanding of site planning, site preparation and civil engineering for forest operations
- Operational experience with GIS
- Experience working with interdisciplinary team on complex and multiphase projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate and self-motivated with a penchant for innovation
- M.Sc., PhD or equivalent experience in the realm of applied forest ecology, forestry or wildland management
- Registered Professional Forester as required in your state of residence
- A functional understanding of seed procurement and processing and nursery seedling production
- A functional understanding of seed biology and seedling ecophysiology
- Experience with forest carbon offset programs
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have a supportive and collaborative office culture conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to bring your problem solving skills to teams focused on multi-vehicle, heavy-lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.