Specialist, Ground Operations
Chico, California /
Operations – Ground Operations /
Our mission is simple: make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. That’s where our technology using drone swarms, survey and data collection, and proprietary seed delivery vessels can substantially help to speed up the process. We’re making it scalable by navigating hard terrain, providing labor better tools, and shortening the supply chain from 18-36 months to 30-60 days.
We work in post-wildfire environments to plant native trees and vegetation using heavy lift drone swarms. We’ve pioneered seed vessels and tailored them to survive in different ecosystems. Our aerial survey and data collection process allows us to deliver vessels to microsites at the ¼ acre scale and boost survival. We continually integrate rapidly evolving aircraft and hardware technology which enables us to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments.
DroneSeed is a Techstars alumni founded in 2016 to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We work with 3 of the 5 largest timber companies in the United States, and are backed by partners like Social Capital, Spero Ventures, the co-founder of DocuSign, and others focused on solving the world’s hardest problems.
What you'll be doing:
As a Ground Operations Specialist, you will be a member of our field operations team working to keep aircraft serviced and flying in order to plant thousands of trees per day. You will be directly supporting flight operations, performing limited equipment troubleshooting, and managing logistics needs on our forestry sites. This role requires strong teamwork skills through building trust, solving challenging problems with ambiguity, and the ability to deliver results for our customers.
- A bachelor’s degree or prior military service or civil service experience required.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality.
- Willing to work in remote environments and travel regionally up to 50% - 75% of the time.
- Experience operating and maintaining utility equipment and identifying mechanical breakdowns or failures.
- Experience driving large pickups and/or towing mid-sized trailers and equipment.
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communications and listening skills, reliability, and conflict management.
- Resourceful and adaptable to new and changing technologies, processes, and environments.
- Must be willing to learn and follow regulatory guidance and procedures.
- Prior experience in forestry or scouting.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed locations in Butte County California.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of supporting operations that enable multi-vehicle, heavy lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.