Specialist, Systems Technician
Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Air Operations /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
What you'll be doing:
As a Systems Technician, you will be a member of our operations team working to build and maintain aircraft, equipment, and vehicles to support our mission. You will work to maximize productivity on site for the field operations team by ensuring their equipment is available and reliable. You will be directly supporting the maintenance cycles of novel aircraft, equipment, and vehicles to support flight operations on a day-to-day basis. You will troubleshoot equipment and manage needs at our hangar sites. This role requires strong teamwork skills through excellent communication and proactive execution, solving challenging problems independently, and the ability to diagnose and fix technical issues on tight time frames to deliver results for our customers.
- Perform maintenance for custom aircraft, ground equipment, and vehicles
- Flight hardware tasks may include inspection, repair, and assembly, including wire harness manufacture, integration of safety critical systems, and rapid prototyping
- Vehicle tasks may include inspection, repair, troubleshooting, driving of medium-duty trucks, and vendor coordination.
- Conduct routine, highly detailed post-job inspections of FAA and USDOT regulated systems
- Manage asset tracking and inventory system for all aircraft, equipment, and vehicles
- Ensure regulatory compliance for FAA, DOT, and State Dept. of Agriculture
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 18 years or older with a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience operating and maintaining utility equipment and identifying mechanical breakdowns or failures.
- Experience operating and maintaining large pickups and/or towing mid-sized trailers and equipment.
- Experience building, troubleshooting, operating, and repairing sensitive electronics.
- Mechanical and electrical integration or assembly experience.
- Basic engineering knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software systems.
- Ability to perform precision work with hand tools.
- Strong teamwork skills including respectfulness, strong communications skills, reliability, and conflict management.
- Experience with aerospace or robotics.
- Experience in the aviation industry.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Other Information: Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to build aircraft and maintain vehicles to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.