Senior Product Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management – Product /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
You are part data enthusiast, part process improvement extraordinaire. You can quickly identify and understand customer pain points, validate with data, develop problem statements, and define possible solutions that meet customer needs and business objectives. You understand how to improve processes by finding creative solutions for complex business challenges. You focus intently on the customer and are not afraid to challenge convention in pursuit of better user experience. Finally, you “love the problem” and thrive in delivering solutions in a high growth, high scale environment.
- Discovery and assessment of product opportunities
- Research, user studies, and competitive analysis to understand user needs for a feature or product
- Collaborating with operations, design, data science, and engineering stakeholders to understand problems and deliver solutions
- Developing experiments that influence definition of a feature that adds customer value.
- Developing queries, creating end-user reports, and applying varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems.
- Mapping internal processes to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements, with an emphasis on automation and scalability
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field - Business/Finance, STEM, Ecology/Forestry - or equivalent experience.
- PM experience: 6+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing
- Exposure to UAS, knowledge of requirements and regulations, and/or FAA Part 107 certified are a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in forestry, environmental science, or a related field is a plus.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have a supportive and collaborative office culture conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to bring your problem solving skills to teams focused on multi-vehicle, heavy-lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.